Miscellaneous Forums >> General Discussion

Pages: 1
sivamk

Reged: 07/29/10
Health care domain
      #636639 - 07/29/10 03:04 AM

Hi

Greetings

I'm in [stupid is as stupid does] need of Health care domain checklist for software testing,so i can walk through and gain some knowledge please help me.Thanks in advance

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Peter Ruscoe
Veteran

Reged: 03/18/02
Loc: Tampa Bay
Re: Health care domain [Re: sivamk]
      #636664 - 07/29/10 06:03 AM

So, up for interview, huh? And not willing to admit you have no prior experience in the field?

michaeljf
Veteran

Reged: 09/17/01
Loc: Yankee Land
Re: Health care domain [Re: Peter Ruscoe]
      #636678 - 07/29/10 07:31 AM

That's a big domain...depends on what kind of testing you going to do, but what's wrong with being honest and saying what you know and are willing to learn the rest? Any good interview will determine whether or not you really are experienced in the subject.

--------------------
- M

Nothing learns better than experience.

"So as I struggle with this issue I am confronted with the reality that noting is perfect."
- Unknown

Now wasting blog space at QAForums Blogs - The Lookout

NoUse4aName

Reged: 06/13/08
Re: Health care domain [Re: michaeljf]
      #636728 - 07/29/10 12:31 PM

"Health care domain" checklist is waaay to wide open a topic.

Replace health care with anything else and you'll see how silly the question is. Need a checklist for testing websites in the software domain.

Well...do you mean a retail site? Service site? Community site? Marketing site? Etc, etc, etc.

buvan

Reged: 08/09/10
Re: Health care domain [Re: NoUse4aName]
      #637848 - 08/09/10 02:47 AM

Hi

I am in to Health care Testing.Since I am new to this Domain I would like to know If I can make use of any Quality Standards to define the process for the project since I am in involved in Process definition.

The scope of my current project is mentioned in 3rd and 4th point

The sales team finalizes the Group and passes the Group and Package details to BAC. BAC creates the Benefits Grid and BPD and passes on to Coding team for configuration of Benefits in NASCO application through ABC application menu.

On completion of coding, the group moves to the testing team for testing.

Claim scenarios are created as applicable and the corresponding claims that are created through a web application are processed in XYZ application menu. If any defects are identified it will be sent for defect fixing.

When the defects are fixed, it is retested and the group moves to Production.

The Benefits testing ensure that the benefits are applied as per the benefit plan design and validates the group before it moves to production.

SLA's are very stringent and we have penalties to pay if we dont meet the agreed SLA (Quality and Timeline)

Regards
Buvan

Edited by buvan (08/09/10 02:52 AM)

buvan

Reged: 08/09/10
Re: Health care domain [Re: buvan]
      #637851 - 08/09/10 03:02 AM

Forgot to add these points

Test case and Test data is already available so Test Design is not applicable.

And we dont test the Application, we just test the Benefits coding done by a different team of ours. The defects we raise are against the Benefits coding and not against the Application which processes the claims.

Which Life Cycle can be used, Here we have stable requirements (There will not be any change in that), Test data available.No need to do Test design.

Any Quality standards Like ISO will be of any use??

Regards
Buvan

badrishonu

Reged: 02/13/12
Re: Health care domain [Re: buvan]
      #698410 - 02/14/12 03:05 AM

Healthcare domain is a vast area. To get acquinted with the domain at functional side, visit to any hospital and get to know various workflows.

Healthcare by large has its own
Standards
Specialization
Workflows
Management

Please let me know which part of Healthcare you are looking for Informatics, Imaging, Pharma, Administration etc...

yagsy

Reged: 11/26/01
Loc: Greater Boston Area finally
Re: Health care domain [Re: badrishonu]
      #698494 - 02/14/12 08:56 PM

I've been testing in a regulated environment now for over 5yrs. As previously mentioned, what do you mean by "healthcare domain"?

Medical device testing?
Medical client/server application?
medical software on a website?

What area in the health care? Insurance? Admittance? customer/patient data storage?

Narrow your scope so someone can help guide you in your research. But note: there is no one right "checklist" in testing in the healthcare domain. If you're looking for a quick, easy answer, then you're not understanding the depth of the work ahead of you.

Also, you might want to start by reading: ISO 13485. Look it up online. This is an outline of what to follow for a Quality Process and to help your company develop a Quality Process to meet the regulations. But it's NOT a checklist for the process or software testing.

Check back and answer the questions...we can help but you will need to provide more details.

--------------------
Going out of your comfort zone requires failure. True genius is measured by your recovery.

...Jean Ann
www.perfectpitchmarketinginc.com
http://on.fb.me/PPM100
www.projectrealms.com/

Peter Ruscoe
Veteran

Reged: 03/18/02
Loc: Tampa Bay
Re: Health care domain [Re: yagsy]
      #698553 - 02/15/12 04:57 AM

After a year and a half (from the original post) I don't suppose it is [stupid is as stupid does] any more!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Rich W., AJ, blueinatl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 8642

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement SQAForums