Downloads

Testing Tools >> HP ALM / Mercury Quality Center

Pages: 1
seekerkeeper

Reged: 09/23/08
Loc: Seattle
QTP 9.5 add-in does not install without QTP
      #534035 - 11/24/08 01:05 PM

QTP 9.5 Add-in for Quality Center does not install on a PC without QTP already installed.

According to the add-in installation instructions, the QTP 9.5 Add-in should install without QTP if .NET 2.0, MSI 3.1, and Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable are present:
http://updates.merc-int.com/qualitycenter/qc90/mictools/qtp/index.html

However, when I run add-in installer, it complains:
"Microsoft Visual C++ Run-time Components is missing on this machine. Please install missing prerequisites and run this installation again."

Even though that component and the other components are present. Reboot does not help.

The add-in installs on another machine which has QTP 9.5 already installed. However, I do not want to install QTP on every machine where I use QC to run QTP tests remotely.

Anyone manage to install this add-in without QTP? My PC has XP SP2. I have QC 9.1. Thanks.

--------------------
To realize that you do not understand is a virtue; Not to realize that you do not understand is a DEFECT.
--- Lao Tzu

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Brendan Dick

Reged: 07/20/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Re: QTP 9.5 add-in does not install without QTP [Re: seekerkeeper]
      #534475 - 11/25/08 05:56 PM

Are you sure the Microsoft Visual C++ Run-time Components are correctly installed and registered?

Have you tried installing the add-in on other machines without QTP or just the one you are having issues with?

If this is a real problem and not just machine specific it kinda kills BPT. If no one can execute Business Process Tests without having QTP installed on their own machine you lose much of the point of BPT.

seekerkeeper

Reged: 09/23/08
Loc: Seattle
Re: QTP 9.5 add-in does not install without QTP [Re: Brendan Dick]
      #536178 - 12/03/08 12:44 PM

Brendan,

Thanks for your suggestions.

After trying on a different machine I figured out the problem.

I had the wrong version of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable installed.

There is an update called Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable that must be installed after installing the Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable.

They look the same in Add/Remove Programs unless you select support info. The version number needs to be 8.0.56336.

Once the SP1 update is installed, the QTP 9.5 add-in installs fine, even if QTP was never installed on that machine.

--------------------
To realize that you do not understand is a virtue; Not to realize that you do not understand is a DEFECT.
--- Lao Tzu

rayc

Reged: 07/22/04
Loc: San Francisco
Re: QTP 9.5 add-in does not install without QTP [Re: seekerkeeper]
      #591717 - 09/17/09 01:01 PM

This means that you may have to update your current Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime component on the machine. To update/install this prerequisite, go to the QTP installation folder or DVD and navigate to the folder: QuickTest\EN\prerequisites\vc2005_sp1_redist

Execute the file vcredist_x86.exe to install this prerequisite.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 25 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Rich W., AJ, jgottlieb 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 11088

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement SQAForums