Downloads

Quality Engineering >> Quality Methodologies

Pages: 1
NinjaMidget

Reged: 03/10/08
Loc: West Allis, WI
Bank Regulations Regarding Software QA
      #526671 - 10/23/08 02:27 PM

I am THE QA department in a large MidWest bank. When I was hired in February of this year, I was charged with putting together the framework of a QA Department, while also handling all of the QTP and LR script development and testing. I have specifically been looking for some documentation regarding what government regulations might be in place that would put SQA requirements on banks.

This would be a great tool to use in pushing upper management to approve the changes that I will need to make to put a QA department together. I have already done a lot of google searches that yielded either useless data or some schmuck looking to hire a qa person in nowheresvill, NC. I did a lot of searches on the forum, but I have not been able to find any specific information

Is there someone in the forum who works for a bank that has an established QA department and structure who could point me in the direction of some useful data on government requirements that pertain to SQA?

--------------------
Nothing says "You're a Loser" more than owning a motivational poster about being a winner.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
alexxusz1980

Reged: 05/26/05
Loc: Europe
Re: Bank Regulations Regarding Software QA [Re: NinjaMidget]
      #526675 - 10/23/08 02:48 PM

Hi Daniel,

welcome to the club of being THE QA department!

In my case it seems to make more sense then in yours though. (No bank, thus lower risk; and BAs putting on the QA hat as much and well as they can)

Not sure if i can help you here but i'd like to give it a try. If they've got a separate team for security in your bank, my post will definitely not help. If security falls under your responsibility it might help...

This site might be helping you to find more references to banking regulations and stuff:
http://www.bankinfosecurity.com/category.php?catID=86

Hope this helps at least a little.

Good and a lot of luck!

-alexx

--------------------
Nobody's perfect.

NinjaMidget

Reged: 03/10/08
Loc: West Allis, WI
Re: Bank Regulations Regarding Software QA [Re: alexxusz1980]
      #527907 - 10/29/08 02:01 PM

Thanks for the reply, alexx. I know we do have our own security department here. I think I'll start talking security and information security to see what policies we may have in place.

Thanks again
Dan

--------------------
Nothing says "You're a Loser" more than owning a motivational poster about being a winner.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  blueinatl, AJ, michaeljf, swt88 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2484

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement SQAForums