The online community for software testing & quality assurance professionals
Calendar   Today's Topics

Lost Password?

Software Testing >> Functional Testing

Pages: 1

Reged: 07/30/07
      #449462 - 01/16/08 10:43 PM

Hi There!

Someone knows where can I find more information about each of those QA phases?

DIT means - Development Independent Testing
SIT means - System Independent/Integration Testing
UAT means - User Acceptance Testing

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  

Reged: 12/19/00
Loc: St. Louis - Year 2025
Re: DIT - SIT & UAT [Re: informatyk_zwick]
      #449516 - 01/17/08 02:01 AM

Smply search these forums using either or both of the search tools to your upper right. I do not think "DIT" will turn up any hits. You could use "independent" in lieu of "DIT".

Thank you!

Reged: 10/26/01
Loc: Suffern, NY, USA
Re: DIT - SIT & UAT [Re: JakeBrake]
      #449740 - 01/17/08 08:50 AM

DIT - The definition of the acronym alone makes it sound like another term for unit test. Unit test is generally understood. Why do we need another term?

The only definition I've heard for SIT is Systems Integration Test.

Sandy Canetti

Advanced Member

Reged: 01/07/07
Loc: Castle Grayskull
Re: DIT - SIT & UAT [Re: canetti]
      #450327 - 01/19/08 03:08 AM input table. My definition for this is simply a column of data in an Excel spreadsheet we feed into functions and user paths.

Also helps when automating since with a bit of scripting automated tests can simply read the Excel file and feed all defined input into the function being tested.

This sounds very code-intensive but our test planning exercises start under the premise the UI is a DOS prompt. In general I don't need to test a checkout/checkin operation for every single client. I can test from a thick or thin client and have reasonable assurance that if a call to checkout a file comes from a web client causes an error more than likely the same error will occur when using the fat client. Yes, I know there may be some additional code executed based on the client that makes the request but in such a situation I simply put clients on a rotation. One week web week the fat client. If we go an entire week before a defect is found in the thin client which hasn't been tested in a week I'd be quite proud of my team if defects can be found within 1 week of a defect being introduced into the code.

Use templates as a guideline unless the particular industry you deliver software to requires specific templates to be used. Do not assume the people who came up with such templates have a better understanding of you dev methodology, customers, historical issues, etc. to the point their template is automatically better than a template you could define for your projects.

They are people like you and I....challenge the norm when appropriate and don't back down.

Reserve a few months every so often and preview retirement throughout your career. You won't regret that a 35 year career was reduced to 34 years to take vacations measured in months in order to remember what a stress and care-free life is all about.

Books and hard work will get you anywhere you want to go.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  blueinatl, AJ, Jeanj, corklad, martinh, brentpaine 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 36629

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement SQAForums