Downloads

Quality Engineering >> Quality Methodologies

Pages: 1
NeetsNeethu

Reged: 09/27/12
Best practices
      #717142 - 09/27/12 02:23 PM

Hi all

Im new to this forum.Recently elected as SQA of the team which does the repackaging of applications using set of defined tools and wise scripting, Im new to the certifcations and stds.I wud like to share certain best practices of my team so that u can share ur views to improve it further.Also I wud be grateful if u cud share the best practices in ur team so that I can implement it ?
@ best practices in our team are.:-
We have a macro enabled excel sheet to capture the work done by the team at any pt of time.
also we have an application named defect logger which will track all the defects reported

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
honeybee98

Reged: 11/07/12
Re: Best practices [Re: NeetsNeethu]
      #719482 - 11/07/12 04:14 PM

Here are some best practices that I implement for my projects. The PM, SA, developers, QA, testers all have different roles and tasks to complete. Having a discussion around who does what will document expectations so everybody will know what they need to do. Everybody on the team is responsible for quality. Not just the test lead or testers, but the whole team is responsible. Insert yourself into requirements reviews and design reviews and ask questions. I may not know the business process, but I can still ask clarifying questions that will make the subject matter experts to stop and think. During testing I track defects into Quality Center. The testers will log the defects. I have review meetings to discuss what defects we have open, assign owners, and get an update on defects in process. I hope this helps.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  blueinatl, AJ, michaeljf, swt88 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3899

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement SQAForums