Downloads

Testing Tools >> Micro Focus/Compuware TestPartner

Pages: 1
ConQ

Reged: 04/30/12
ActiveData failing to open as read-only
      #718558 - 10/22/12 08:32 PM

Hello,

I have an Excel file with two worksheets. For each worksheet, I have a corresponding ActiveData object. When I initially create the ActiveData objects, I selected the read-only option. When invoking the ActiveData objects via the LoadActiveData method, I am also setting the optional read-only flag to true.

During run-time, I am able to open and access the ActiveData objects just fine. However, upon reassigning one of the variables containing the ActiveData object, Excel's "File Now Available" dialog box pops up saying "myworksheet.xls is now available for editing. Choose Read-Write to open it for editing."

This is the dialog box that appears if you were open an Excel file which is already opened by a coworker and chose the "Notify me when it's available" button. I don't want this dialog box to appear as it interrupts the automation. The thing is, the dialog box only sometimes appears; Other times, it doesn't.

My impression is that the dialog box should never appear since I'm telling TestPartner to open them in read-only mode.

Has anyone experienced this problem? Might someone have a pointer for me?

Thanks,

ConQ

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ConQ

Reged: 04/30/12
Re: ActiveData failing to open as read-only [Re: ConQ]
      #719215 - 11/02/12 10:34 AM

Hello World,

Turns out that this was a bug in Testpartner. We contacted Microfocus and within a week, they churned out a patch for us. After applying the patch, we no longer receive the "File Now Available" dialog box.

Now we're able to select the "Force Read Only" checkbox while creating ActiveData objects and the Excel files will actually be opened in read-only mode. The same goes for the optional read-only flag when calling the LoadActiveData function.

If you're having this problem, contact Microfocus for the patch.

Happy to help myself :-)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Myrtle, Jim Brennan, AJ, DSquared 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2303

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement SQAForums