Links
Downloads

Testing Tools >> Micro Focus/Compuware TestPartner

Pages: 1
jbottiger

Reged: 10/28/11
Loc: FL
Selecting Objects Within Infragistics GUI Object
      #716117 - 09/07/12 01:53 PM Attachment (160 downloads)

Fellow TestPartner Users (and especially Experts),

I have a challenge. I'm writing a test script where it selects a bunch of files, then goes to the next page of a GUI window and configures each file, line by line (see attached image). The road block I'm facing is that TestPartner recognizes the entire file list GUI object, but it doesn't recognize any specific points within that object (e.g., selection buttons, entry fields...each of these objects exists within each line of the file list).

From what my colleagues tell me, the design of the GUI object was through Infragistics. Past discussions with support people have told me that there is no known solution for this issue, but perhaps I'm wrong and that there is a way to handle Infragistics challenges WRT objects inside the file list GUI object. Could someone please point me in the right direction as to how to handle this situation? This is part of my daily tasks as an automation QA engineer in my organization.

Thank you for your prompt response and support. The screenshot will be attached.

--------------------
V/R,
John J. Bottiger

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
jbottiger

Re: Selecting Objects Within Infragistics GUI Object [Re: jbottiger]
      #716118 - 09/07/12 03:29 PM Attachment (152 downloads)

I have found an article in the Micro Focus Knowledge Base which helped me to write a subroutine script to handle the Infragistics object. (http://kb.microfocus.com/display/4/kb/article.aspx?aid=14778). This script is based on the example provided.

However, I received a compile error as shown in the attached screenshot. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks.

--------------------
V/R,
John J. Bottiger

Ozone

Reged: 06/08/12
      #716188 - 09/10/12 07:53 AM

It looks like you are on the right track. I Googled "infragistics ultragrid setvalue" and saw some code where the setvalue method's syntax had a second argument. It appears to be a Boolean.

grid.Rows.Cells[SERVICE_NAME].SetValue(item.ServiceName, false)

In general, testing any grid is 90% Art and 10% Science.

jbottiger

Re: Selecting Objects Within Infragistics GUI Object [Re: Ozone]
      #716194 - 09/10/12 08:31 AM Attachment (151 downloads)

Thanks Ozone. I'll try to implement it this way later.

Meanwhile, I revised my script code slightly as seen in the attached screenshot file. This is based on the third example provided in TestPartner's online help documentation related to object method examples for .NET objects like Infragistics. However, I now get a run-time error (type mismatch), which I reported to Micro Focus as an inconsistency with its documentation.

Would you (or anyone) happen to know how to mitigate this issue? Please let me know as soon as possible as I am now behind schedule in getting this script completed. Thank you.

--------------------
V/R,
John J. Bottiger

Ozone

Reged: 06/08/12
      #716218 - 09/10/12 01:53 PM

Our programming dept uses Infragistics, but not the UltraGrid. They use the XtraGrid. So I have no way of simulating you code directly. I have to wonder if one of the cell values in that statement is a Null when it goes through the For..Next loop.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Myrtle, Jim Brennan, AJ, DSquared 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2945

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement SQAForums