Downloads

Quality Engineering >> Quality Methodologies

Pages: 1
JonC

Reged: 08/21/12
Agile Methods in Large Software Projects
      #714942 - 08/21/12 08:39 AM

Hi all,

After a few years working with sizable software projects, I am trying to understand on how to take Agile methods from small scale implementations to large scale projects where plan based methods dominate, but need the adaption to change that Agile provides. So to this end I have been researching the use of Agile in large software projects.

For my final assignment on my part-time MBA I am completing a dissertation on Agile Methods in Large Software Projects, and their suitability and scalability. As part of this assignment I need to gather information on the use of Agile in organisations.

Below is the survey, if you can get as many people who are involved in Agile to fill it in (Managers, developers etc) it would be a great help! All data is used for my assignment, and nothing will go outside that, the survey is quite general and no personal information is needed.

I will gladly share the general findings from the survey (data kept private), and hopefully gain a better insight on how to make an exciting and adaptive methodology such as Agile work in the real world of large software projects.

You can view and complete the online survey here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGN0NGRuVmkxWVBLbW04dnFuLTE4UFE6MQ

Many thanks for any help on this
Regards
Jonathan Charles

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jose_Eraldo

Reged: 07/06/12
Re: Agile Methods in Large Software Projects [Re: JonC]
      #714948 - 08/21/12 09:41 AM

Hi Jonathan Charles,

in my company we use large projects. To better meet the need, we use several small projects agile development both as software testing.
A large project can contain multiple Scrum cycles, so it's easier to manage and control.
I answered your survey, I have helped in your search!
If you have interest in learning about the process of testing in agile development methods, visit the blog http://agiletestbr.blogspot.com.br/
I am available to answer your questions and help you need!

JonC

Reged: 08/21/12
Re: Agile Methods in Large Software Projects [Re: Jose_Eraldo]
      #715036 - 08/22/12 03:28 PM

Hi Jose,

Many thanks for your help on this, we have started using Agile via Scrum on large projects by doing the very thing you suggested, I just wanted not to make any suggestions that would bias the survey and just see how other organisations approached this task.

We use a hybrid agile approach, where we split the project into tasks that can be treated as individual agile projects in their own right and we then use an other-arching plan-based structure to control them and ensure co-ordination of effort.

Once again, thanks for your time and help on this, it is a good insight to see how agile is used in reality!

Regards
Jonathan Charles

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  blueinatl, AJ, michaeljf, swt88 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2775

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement SQAForums