Quality Engineering >> Software Process Improvement

Pages: 1
Naveed_Chughtai

Reged: 12/19/00
Loc: Pakistan
How to add move values in current system
      #713593 - 08/02/12 03:36 AM

Hi All,

Recently my boss told me that I am doing good work which is quite satisfactory, but for final year evaluation I have to add more values in the current system.

My responsibilites are:
I am QA Team Lead also doing some testing (as needed), i am managing of team with 3 resources, we are working in Agile mode where we have very short releases having 1 to 2 weeks time span. We prepare only traceability matrix and test cases and we do perform manual testing at the moment.

So any one can suggest or guide me that what type of extra values can i add in the current system (above one). Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Richard_Hunter

Reged: 08/16/04
Re: How to add move values in current system [Re: Naveed_Chughtai]
      #713614 - 08/02/12 06:50 AM

I would have said your boss should be able to provide examples of what they want you to be doing, if they feel you need to be doing more.

I could give you a random list of things to do, but unless I have read your managers mind, I am not sure it will help.

Did they give you any clues?

--------------------
Richard Hunter

michaeljfModerator
Veteran

Reged: 09/17/01
Loc: Yankee Land
Re: How to add move values in current system [Re: Richard_Hunter]
      #713617 - 08/02/12 07:11 AM

If you are unsure then look at where you think things could work better, or make your life easier. Check your environment and process model and see where improvements could be made, i fyou are doing Agile what sort of improvements do your retrospectives show as being needed by the team?

Part of being able to step up, as your Manager is asking, is being able to examine your own process and see where it needs improvement or advancement.

--------------------
- M

Nothing learns better than experience.

"So as I struggle with this issue I am confronted with the reality that noting is perfect."
- Unknown

Now wasting blog space at QAForums Blogs - The Lookout

Naveed_Chughtai

Reged: 12/19/00
Loc: Pakistan
Re: How to add move values in current system [Re: Richard_Hunter]
      #713809 - 08/06/12 12:25 AM

Quote:

I would have said your boss should be able to provide examples of what they want you to be doing, if they feel you need to be doing more.

I could give you a random list of things to do, but unless I have read your managers mind, I am not sure it will help.

Did they give you any clues?

Thanks for your feedback, they have not given me any clues but they want me to improve the processes, I would appreciate if you could provide me the random list of things to do as you mentioned above. Many Thanks

John_Ruberto

Reged: 07/11/12
Re: How to add move values in current system [Re: Naveed_Chughtai]
      #713872 - 08/06/12 12:41 PM

Here is a list to start your thinking. These would be important to me, but your organization is likely different
More Efficient:
Can you do more work with the same effort? You mention your tests are manual, is automation a possibility?
What about cost? Are you using any expensive tools that could be replaced with more efficient / cost effective tools?

More Accurate:
Are you finding bugs that could have been caught earlier in the life-cycle? What about preventing problems. Are bugs escaping your team? Can you make improvements to lessen the escape rate? How is your customer satisfaction? Are there any things you can think of in test to improve customer satisfaction?

--------------------
My Blog

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  blueinatl, AJ, Daniel_S, michaeljf, swt88 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2974

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement SQAForums