Downloads

Software Testing >> Mobile Devices, Mobile Apps - Embedded Systems Testing

Pages: 1
testytester

Reged: 11/22/05
Loc: La Crosse Wi
Jamo Solutions Vs. Perfecto Mobile
      #713867 - 08/06/12 09:49 AM

Our company is trying to decide which provider we should choose to start our mobile automation with.

Weve received demos from both companies and saw things we liked and disliked for each one. Ive done some searching and I cant really find any good or bad reviews for either product. So hopefully I can get some feedback here. Feel free to post your experience using either tool. What you liked and what you disliked.

Thanks in advanced.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
SPasso21

Reged: 08/07/12
Re: Jamo Solutions Vs. Perfecto Mobile [Re: testytester]
      #713931 - 08/07/12 07:38 AM

I suggest you review Mobile Labs Trust as well. If you are using UFT (formerly QTP)to test your web apps, then adding automated mobile app testing would require little to no ramp up time. Mobile Labs Trust is a certified add-in for UFT and does not require you to learn a new scripting language.
www.mobilelabsinc.com

yagsyModerator

Reged: 11/26/01
Loc: Greater Boston Area finally
Re: Jamo Solutions Vs. Perfecto Mobile [Re: SPasso21]
      #714035 - 08/08/12 05:31 AM

Have you tried Soasta's mobile product? I personally haven't used these products but I've seen them work and they look like really good products and they are free.

Mobile App Automation Testing

Mobile Performance Testing

Make sure to consider performance testing as well as your functional testing.

--------------------
Going out of your comfort zone requires failure. True genius is measured by your recovery.

...Jean Ann
www.perfectpitchmarketinginc.com
http://on.fb.me/PPM100
www.projectrealms.com/

Kalmur

Reged: 08/08/12
Re: Jamo Solutions Vs. Perfecto Mobile [Re: yagsy]
      #714047 - 08/08/12 06:27 AM

Jamo have object level WITH linking to the application. Since they are compiled with the application itself, they cannot handle system dialogs (like popups).

This is a show stopper If the application pops a "yes/no" dialog or the "app wants to use your current location" dialog jamo cannot handle this and it will STOP the script.

PM implements their automation based GUI analysis, so they will always see these system dialogs and can handle them very easily.

In addition, Jamo requires long process in order to introduce new OS into the market, their best support is for Win Mobile which is no longer relevant.

Yoram

Reged: 08/13/12
Re: Jamo Solutions Vs. Perfecto Mobile [Re: Kalmur]
      #714373 - 08/13/12 03:40 AM

Disclaimer: I'm the CTO for Perfecto Mobile

I think to be fair, it is important for you to create a list of what you are looking for. Perfecto and Jamo both offer solutions for mobile testing, but are aiming at different configurations and customer requirements.
as I'm (by definition) biased, I will try not to tell which is "best" for you, but just to give some selection criteria for you to answer and be able to decide upon it:

1. What's the scale of your project/need. the bigger the project and the work force, the more important device management/governance is. there is no need to "manage" single device or two devices sitting on the single tester, but there is a need to manage more then that which are shared between multiple testers, updating this inventory, keeping carrier contracts, etc... a fair value for your calculation should be $500/month/device as cost of owning a device. this includes device cost (amortized on 9 months), carrier costs, admin and technical cost as well as overhead and so.
2. do you need offshoring abilities - sending devices is not really an option. from my experience (and not only within Perfecto), if you do, you should consider the alternatives and their associated costs. for good and bad, Perfecto and Jamo offers different approaches to device governance, you should consider whether you look for a cloud or a non-cloud solution. GLBA and HIPAA regulation might also be important in this aspect.
3. what are you trying to test - do you need to support manual testing, what level of automation are you aiming to, continuous integration, QC-based. how much maintenance is expected to the scripts and why? each of the solutions have different approaches to maintain your scripts, especially the objects
4. processes within the organization - again, for good and bad, Perfecto and Jamo have different approaches for supporting of existing processes in your organizations and your ability to interact with R&D and their tools selection. is it acceptable for QA to tell R&D how to write their code or which tools to use. there are different approaches here and probably only you know the right answer.

in essence, although Perfecto and Jamo both offer automation solutions, they cover different needs within the organization. based on answers to the above question it should be a bit easier for you to see which is more suited to your needs.

once again, I'm working for Perfecto so please treat my above answer as biased

szmichael1975

Reged: 08/16/12
Re: Jamo Solutions Vs. Perfecto Mobile [Re: Yoram]
      #714820 - 08/19/12 07:38 PM

there is a free tool you can download from www.droidpilot.com , easy to use, but it only covers Android...

Mani10

Reged: 06/28/10
Loc: Vadodara
Re: Jamo Solutions Vs. Perfecto Mobile [Re: szmichael1975]
      #715546 - 08/29/12 11:16 PM

I have tried jamo solution and facing so many issues with it.
If your application has so many customize object than its not identified by jamo tool.We need to customize jamo tool as per our application.

Mani10

Reged: 06/28/10
Loc: Vadodara
Re: Jamo Solutions Vs. Perfecto Mobile [Re: Mani10]
      #715553 - 08/30/12 12:41 AM

Agree with kalmur points

Same issue reproduced.

Edited by Mani10 (08/30/12 12:43 AM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  yagsy, AJ, Shane_MacLaughlin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 9801

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement SQAForums