Edited by michaeljf (04/30/12 05:13 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
michaeljfModerator
Veteran

Reged: 09/17/01
Loc: Yankee Land
Re: What is Agile methodology? [Re: Chand007]
      #705533 - 04/30/12 05:13 AM

This should be easily found online, or in other threads, if you have specific questions please note them and post back!

--------------------
- M

Nothing learns better than experience.

"So as I struggle with this issue I am confronted with the reality that noting is perfect."
- Unknown

Now wasting blog space at QAForums Blogs - The Lookout

dlai

Reged: 05/02/06
Loc: CA, USA
Re: What is Agile methodology? [Re: michaeljf]
      #705556 - 04/30/12 08:18 AM

There are many flavors of Agile. But the thing they have in common is focus planning around shorter time frames, instead of planning a large release with all it's dependencies in a row, just plan a shorter time frame spanning just a couple to a few weeks.

In traditional waterfall, you would plan everything out.. To make deadline X, team A does 1, 2, and 3, team B needs to do 4, 5, and 6. But team A needs to get item 2 done before team be does 5, blah blah blah.. Then after 1-6 is done, it's delievered for system level testing.. yadda yadda yadda. This approach is good if you need to cordinate between several outsorced/contract providers, as you'll have well documented requirements up front, and have the dependencies worked out ahead of time.

In an agile methodology. You will have like a feature you want to implement. It may take a lot of work that can't be done in 1 sprint (these are usually called epics). So you break it down into smaller items (most call them stories). Instead of worrying too much about inter-team dependencies, you just have a prioritized backlog and pick up stories when they are ready. Testing generally happens in every sprint, so the reliance in automating and reducing manual regression testing needed is very important.

--------------------
David Lai
Sr. QA / Test Lead
LinkedIn profile

andimen

Reged: 06/30/12
Re: What is Agile methodology? [Re: dlai]
      #711185 - 06/30/12 10:40 PM

Agile software development is a group of software development methodologies based on iterative and incremental development, where requirements and solutions evolve through collaboration between self-organizing, cross-functional teams.

:In this type the whole product or the application is divided or categorized into various modules, and each module is developed and tested and delivered in increments hence it is also termed to be incremental model.
: After each module is developed and tested it gains feedback from the client and only when the client is satisfied it moves on to next module.
: It has different approaches extreme programming, SCRUM, etc always extreme programming is used (Below is all about extreme programming)

Edited by swt88 (07/05/12 01:22 PM)

KamalP

Reged: 08/08/12
Re: What is Agile methodology? [Re: andimen]
      #714003 - 08/08/12 01:14 AM

Agile methodology is an adaptive methodology, its people oriented. Here are some of the other characteristics of the Agile methodology.
1. Delivery frequently.
2. Good ROI for client.
3. Test frequently.
4. Collaborative approach.
Agile methodology is more of people oriented. Agile methodology helps us to increase productivity and reduce risks. There are 2 popular agile methods- Extreme programming (XP) and Scrum.

Jose_Eraldo

Reged: 07/06/12
Re: What is Agile methodology? [Re: KamalP]
      #714060 - 08/08/12 08:38 AM

In its origin, the agile method is an iterative method where communication is more important than documentation. Work done in cycles where they generate deliverables.
Product quality can be included in the process, ensuring quality in each cycle.
I have detailed in my blog the whole method, since the beginning of the project until the product delivered, if you're interested, visit http://agiletestbr.blogspot.com.br/

Edited by Jose_Eraldo (08/08/12 08:40 AM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  blueinatl, AJ, michaeljf, swt88 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4382

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement SQAForums