Downloads

Testing Tools >> Micro Focus/Compuware QADirector

Pages: 1
Yakumi

Reged: 06/05/05
Loc: Bangkok,Thailand
How to set Remote Testing??
      #155881 - 06/21/05 01:41 AM

I want to run script on the other computer.
How to set QA Director for remote to other computer? (TM & TE Server)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
GerardCC

Reged: 05/31/05
Loc: Netherlands
Re: How to set Remote Testing??
      #155882 - 07/28/05 02:28 AM

Install the TE Server on a remote machine (part of QaDirector installation). QaDirector machine (server) and remote machine should be "connected". Start the test from the server on the remote machine.

Nilagiri_Manjunath

Reged: 08/09/05
Loc: Bangalore
      #155883 - 08/09/05 01:39 AM

I tried doing this but not succesful.
I have QARun and QADirector on my machine and I need to execute one script of QARUN on another machine which is in the same Network and it has got QADirector & QArun both installed and it can access the same database & scripts as that on my machine.
Briefly,I need to run QARun script thru QADirector which is installed on my machine and the Script is to be executed on other machine.
Please help me out.

Edited by Administrator (04/17/12 09:05 AM)

DSquaredModerator

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Wisconsin, USA
      #155884 - 08/09/05 04:45 AM

I think maybe the test execution server on remote machines works well for web based scripts, but I am not sure that it has the capability to kick off a remote QARun job.

Have you asked Compuware Tech Support about this? I've never seen it documented where the TE server will run other than web based scripts.

centauri

Reged: 08/03/04
      #155885 - 08/10/05 05:28 AM

I don't know about QARun, but my company used to run TestPartner scripts through QADirector on remote machines, so I am sure TE is able to run all kinds of scripts.

It might be tricky to set it up (or at least it was with TestPartner), but when you eventually got everything up and running, it worked ok apart from a few minor glitches.

QADirector logs are not always that easy to interpret, but I'd start by looking at the logs to see if something strange can be seen in them.

mcnulla

Reged: 10/29/01
      #155886 - 09/01/05 10:19 AM

i'm working through the same situation. i am trying to get the server-under-test (SUT) to install the software, then another server to connect via browser or client (we have both). the SUT will be refreshed (it's a virtual system) so i have to find a way to get it ready automatically, maybe requiring logging into it through a terminal services client for GUI purposes.

PCSTEAM

Reged: 07/19/05
Loc: Detroit, MI
      #155887 - 09/20/05 05:05 AM

I do this quite extensively. I may use overkill to get it working. I install QARUN and QADirector on each remote machine. Then I establish the ODBC for each. Then I also copy across the SCH files from my master QADirector machine and locate them in the SAME path on the remote machine (QADirector seems to need this seemingly extra step). I also ensure that the same user/password/authority exists on all machines.
Some checks to run:
1. Can you ping the remote machine from the Master QADirector machine?
2. Can you run QARUn on each machine and does it access the correct database?
3. can you run QADirector on each machine and does it access the correct database?
2. In QADirector select a test procedure and click on Run - in the run dialog box click on Browse - can you see the remote machines running?

Nilagiri_Manjunath

Reged: 08/09/05
Loc: Bangalore
Re: How to set Remote Testing?? [Re: Nilagiri_Manjunath]
      #704375 - 04/16/12 05:26 PM

Quote:

I tried doing this but not succesful.
I have QARun and QADirector on my machine and I need to execute one script of QARUN on another machine which is in the same Network and it has got QADirector & QArun both installed and it can access the same database & scripts as that on my machine.
Briefly,I need to run QARun script thru QADirector which is installed on my machine and the Script is to be executed on other machine.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Jim Brennan, AJ, DSquared 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5392

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement SQAForums