Training
News
Links
Downloads

Testing Tools >> Radview WebLoad

Pages: 1
MikeButler

Reged: 05/03/07
Using WebLOAD For the First Time........
      #387198 - 06/07/07 06:07 AM

Hi All,

Yesterday i downloaded the WebLOAD opensource software onto my PC and ran through the Quickstart instructions for the test website given. I must say the document was very good and the software 'seems' easy to use.

Now here comes the questions.

I am wanting to use WebLOAD to see how many concurrent users our system can manage. We have recently calculated that our current value is around 22 users.

Firstly, what is all this talk about Load Generators??? Do i need one?? Or can i not just run the software from my PC on the URL?? I know you're probably reading this thinking, what is this muppet talking about!!! But could someone please clear this up for me??? Thanks.

Secondly, our site requires Windows authentication. Does anyone know how i can get WebLOAD to record as currently as soon as i enter my Windows Authentication user and password i get a 'proxynator.exe' error message. Again, i'm sure their is a simple answer to this but i am new to all of this so please be patient with me!!

Thanks in advance for your help....

Mike.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Suzit

Reged: 09/24/01
Loc: St. Louis, MO, USA
Re: Using WebLOAD For the First Time........ [Re: MikeButler]
      #387435 - 06/07/07 02:11 PM

1. If you want to create load you will need a LG. You can use same system you are running the WebLOAD Console as your LG. Believe you have 20 Virtual Users by default on a standalone workstation/laptop.

2. Don't know which tool you are using to record. WebFT (Automatic State Mgmt) or WebLOAD ID (no Automatic State Mgmt) But check first that your browser settings (without recording) are correct and you can access desired URL successfully using your browser's proxy setting. See Connections > LAN > Advanced and see if the exceptions are still there.

Again check the recording tools settings. Options, Default Project Options, or Current Project Options. Have you selected to record the proxy settings?

Checking through the Help files will get you your answers.

3. You will also want to create a datafile of IDs and passwords that will be accepted.

Hope this gets you started.

MikeButler

Re: Using WebLOAD For the First Time........ [Re: Suzit]
      #387559 - 06/08/07 12:46 AM

Thanks very much for that.

In response to your points.....

1. I am using my PC to run WebLOAD IDE Version 8.0.5.018.00 (The opensource one!!), i am wanting to use WebLOAD to see how many concurrent users our system can handle keeping the page response times at less than 1 second (we have calculated we are currently catering for 22 with a page response time of less than 1 second) so am guessing i will need an LG then??? If so, what is this and how would i set it up and connect it to WebLOAD?? Again....sorry for sounding a bit dumb here but i am new to Performance Testing.

2. As mentioned above i am using WebLOAD IDE Version 8.0.5.018.00 my browser proxy setting is set to port 80 within the LAN settings, and i can access the URL fine (after going through user/password authentication). I have no exceptions within Connections > LAN > Advanced. Should i have??

Within Options > Default Project Options, i have not entered anything.....this is still currently set as default. Does this need amending??

I have had a look through the Help files but just cant find anything???

3. Where do you create this datafile?? Could this be something really silly?? The user and password i have to enter is in a pop up box which appears when i enter the URL (you have to enter your domain user and password to enter the site). This is where i get the proxynator.exe error??

Again, your help is very much appreciated....

Regards,

Mike.

Edited by MikeButler (06/08/07 12:48 AM)

clickme

Reged: 08/25/06
Loc: UK
      #387652 - 06/08/07 05:48 AM

Hi Mike,
1. The OpenSource version allows you to use 1 Load Generator. You can just as easily run it from one machine, but if you want a seperate machine, get hold of a free machine (that meets system requirements) And install Webload on this one, at install you can choose to install as a generator.
At runtime make sure the TestTalk service is running. Then when you a planning your template / schedule via the Console, you can specify which is the Generator and which is the Controller.

2. The authentication you mentioned, is this your NT / domain username / password and not a 'logon' to the URL? If so try adding these details in the Default Project Options tab for authentication

3. I think the datafile here would be suited only if you wanted different multiple users logging on. Is this what you require? If so on the WebLOAD site, the forum contains a section called General Samples, there is a post here (with code) about reading files from datafiles.

I noticed you posted on the webload site as well, I'll paste this over there as well, as responses can be quite slow as I guess it is still taking off.

MikeButler

Re: Using WebLOAD For the First Time........ [Re: clickme]
      #388005 - 06/11/07 01:08 AM

Again....Thank You....this is ver helpful...!!!

1. If i install as a generator how many users does this give me??? I'm pretty sure i did this....

2. Sorry yes that is what i meant. I tried this already, and it didnt work??

3. I only need one logon so this is not applicable. Cheers.

clickme

Reged: 08/25/06
Loc: UK
      #388032 - 06/11/07 03:38 AM

1. 'Unlimited' - The number of users is only limited by the machine specifications

2. Not sure about your logon authentication. Is the logon via a different application / language? Can it be bypassed?
best bet would be to zip up your agenda files and post it on the Webload forum

MikeButler

#388143 - 06/11/07 08:05 AM

1. That sounds great!!! If i can get it to work!!

2. Tried bypassing it but this didnt work either!!

Think i might re-install then play around with the login problem again. Although it seems what i can find on any recommendations i have already tried. Thank you very much for your help and if i need any further assistance i'll drop you a mail.

Cheers,

Mike.

chinni20

Reged: 11/19/10
      #654899 - 01/05/11 02:34 PM

Hi,

Could some one help me on the below!

I Installed WebLOAD 8.6 on my laptop
My Laptop system Requriments are :

RAM: IGB
AMD Turion(tm)X2 Dual-Core

I know for trial veersion , I can run upto 5 vusers.
My question is , If I buy a license How many vusers can I ran on a single machine.

Thanks in advance!
Chinni20

everseeker

Reged: 04/12/07
Loc: Louisville, KY, USA, Earth, SO...
Re: Using WebLOAD For the First Time........ [Re: chinni20]
      #667105 - 04/06/11 06:55 AM Attachment (214 downloads)

prabhakarans

Reged: 03/26/12
Re: Using WebLOAD For the First Time........ [Re: everseeker]
      #703566 - 04/06/12 02:23 AM

Unlimited - The number of users is only limited by the machine specifications.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  AJ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 8087

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement SQAForums