Downloads

Miscellaneous Forums >> User Groups

Pages: 1
dlai

Reged: 05/02/06
Loc: CA, USA
Anyone going to OC's SCQAA meeting?
      #691169 - 11/15/11 11:25 AM

Anyone going to tonights http://scqaa.com/ meeting?

See you there,

David L.

--------------------
David Lai
Sr. QA / Test Lead
LinkedIn profile

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tony Davis
Veteran

Reged: 03/23/00
Loc: Orange County, CA
Re: Anyone going to OC's SCQAA meeting? [Re: dlai]
      #691466 - 11/17/11 04:27 PM

Did you enjoy the presentation?

I didn't connect the name to you on this site Tuesday - sorry about that.

--------------------
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

dlai

Reged: 05/02/06
Loc: CA, USA
Re: Anyone going to OC's SCQAA meeting? [Re: Tony Davis]
      #691691 - 11/21/11 01:16 PM

It was somewhat interesting. I found it funny how the problems then are same as problems now, but like 4 of them got condensed into implementing Agile, to make room for the new items like outsourcing and risk analysis. But he did sort of offered some high level 1000ft view insights into the problems. But it did make it clear to me the idea of shared responsibility is the way of the future.

I threw in the suggestion for some social games on the survey. I pretty much only talked to the people sitting directly next to me.

--------------------
David Lai
Sr. QA / Test Lead
LinkedIn profile

Tony Davis
Veteran

Reged: 03/23/00
Loc: Orange County, CA
Re: Anyone going to OC's SCQAA meeting? [Re: dlai]
      #692135 - 11/28/11 08:21 AM

I did read that feedback, and it is one of the topics we will be addressing in upcoming BoD meetings to see what we can do.

Since everyone was chatty at this last meeting, and it being the last one of the year, we didn't try to get people to break out of their immediate area. Normally we do a "look to your left, do you know them? Look to your right, do you know them? If you do - find someone you don't know and introduce yourself"

One of the hurdles we have with structured ice breakers is we don't know how many we will have month to month. We have a cut off date of the Thursday before the meeting for rsvp, but this past year we will have 5-6 say they are attending, and then in the Sun/Mon and even on the day, we will have people respond they are attending. It is hard for planning as food has to be ordered the previous Thursday, and I am guessing how many will attend based on topics.

Not knowing the count means we can't really plan for structured activities other then the presentation as if we plan for breakouts, if we don't have enough it is just as sad as not going them

Glad you found the presentation interesting. We hoped it would wrap the year up with a good comparison of past/present, and even between each of us with the different companies and domains.

Hope to see you next year when we start back up in Jan

--------------------
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Jeanj, AJ, swt88 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2010

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement SQAForums