Software Testing >> Unit Testing

Pages: 1
SimJones

Reged: 02/15/06
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
JUnit vs. Devpartner
      #293813 - 07/17/06 10:23 AM

Hello!

Would anyone be kind enough to offer an explaination of the difference of JUnit vs. Devpartner? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
SimJones

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Corey_G
Veteran

Reged: 09/14/01
Loc: Boston, MA
Re: JUnit vs. Devpartner
      #293814 - 07/18/06 12:14 AM

JUnit is the de-facto standard unit testing framework for all things Java... and it is free/open source.

Devpartner is some tool from compuware I have never heard of.. looks like its for .NET development.

sorta comparing apples and oranges.

Misailedes

Reged: 07/13/05
Loc: Chicago
Re: JUnit vs. Devpartner
      #293815 - 07/21/06 08:18 AM

Hi Sim;

I concur with Corey's comments on JUnit. DevPartner is actually a product family from Compuware. There's a .Net version, called DevPartner Studio, and a JAVA version, called DevPartner JAVA, or DPJ. DPJ is used in conjunction with JUnit to provide profiling, memory analysis, source code analysis, thread analysis, complexity and test coverage information both within the IDE and during continous & milestone builds.

MattSchuetze

Reged: 10/04/11
Loc: Michigan, USA
Re: JUnit vs. Devpartner [Re: Misailedes]
      #687528 - 10/04/11 01:34 PM

Hi Sim,

Misailedes is correct: DevPartner is a family of troubleshooting tools geared towards code inspection. You use the DevPartner Studio version for errors, leaks, bottlenecks, and untested code in either native or .NET code. DevPartner Java is used for trapping bottlenecks, memory misuse, coverage, and static bug patterns/metrics against Java code. You would typically run DP underneath your JUnit/NUnit tests to gather code execution details in addition to your assert|pass/fail results. DPJ even has a JUnit+CodeCoverage merged report. To update Misailedes's reference, you should know these products got acquired by Micro Focus in 2009. You can find us either at www.devpartner.com, www.numega.com, or www.microfocus.com under developer tools.

--Matt

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  AJ, Jeanj 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3486

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement SQAForums