Testing Tools >> IBM/Rational TestManager

Pages: 1
RobJ

Reged: 01/05/05
Loc: Telford
Test Manager v SAP Solution Manager
      #308938 - 07/14/05 02:57 AM

Hi

I'm currently working on a project, an SAP implementation.

I have never used Test Manager though I believe it is the tool of choice for our organisation. Equally, I have never used Solution Manager but I have had it demonstrated to me by the SAP team.

One of my teams will be involved in end2end testing including an SAP core and 11 other outlying systems. Most of this work will be done using business treads and executed manually.

I am leaning towards the use of Solution Manager as it is already integrated with SAP and has a test workbench included. It also acts as a document respoitory and can link all of the tests back up through functional/configuration specs directly to the blueprints whch are the documented requirements.

My problems are two-fold really:

1) What would Test Manager do for me?
2) What metrics could I gather with Test Manager that I couldn't with Solution Manager? Any project with Test Manager currently does not use it's reporting capabilities in our organisation

Any help/direction appreciated.

Thanks
Rob

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
_etphil

Reged: 04/10/07
Re: Test Manager v SAP Solution Manager [Re: RobJ]
      #372008 - 04/10/07 06:42 AM

Dear Rob,
havoing used TD and QC extensively, I am now using Solman n my current contract. Solman is integrated well with SAP but TD has everything else and more, depending on how well you configure TD in the first place.

The biggest difference for me is that reporting in TD is so much more easy. In Solman you end up doing manual counts in various test packages to see howo you are doing. The defect system (Messages) is poor, requiring the user to remmeber to send an e mail.

SAP are saying all new installation must use Solman as the test tool (I am sure they will not get away with this though).

So I would always opt for a true test tool, Solman is simply not good enough today.

regards,
Phil

--------------------
SAP Test Manager

pinkybabes

Reged: 03/01/04
Re: Test Manager v SAP Solution Manager [Re: _etphil]
      #644000 - 09/30/10 08:32 AM

I am goin to be installing SOLMAN , QTP, QC, TAO. I will be installing this in LINUX. I have never done this in Linux, any idea of how do install QC using LINUX ?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  AJ, RSBarber 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 7585

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement SQAForums