Downloads

Testing Tools >> Seapine QA Wizard

Pages: 1
JSmey

Reged: 09/16/10
Program switching problem in VMWare
      #642404 - 09/16/10 05:49 AM

Hello everybody,

I don't know, maybe it's a well known problem...
I have created a script that run an application. In it, I click on a button that run another application. When I run the script it works perfectly. When I try to run the same script by a virtual machine(using VMWare), Q/A Wizard do not find the second application (Say something like : cann't find the window "xxx").

I wanted to know if someone else already reach that problem and if there is any issue...

I tank you in advance for any answer!!
Julien Smeyers

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Rich W.
Veteran

Reged: 03/05/04
Loc: West Coast of the East Coast!
Re: Program switching problem in VMWare [Re: JSmey]
      #642458 - 09/16/10 09:57 AM

Did you record the application from the VMWare screen? QAWP will probably need to add that application(as it would most likely be a appear as a different app to QAWP), to the Application Repository to be able to see it. Otherwise I suggest you drop an email to Seapine support. They are usually quite responsive.

--------------------
Personal Comment

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
~ Winston Churchill ~

...Rich Wagner

JSmey

Reged: 09/16/10
Re: Program switching problem in VMWare [Re: Rich W.]
      #642521 - 09/16/10 11:44 PM

Hello Rich W.

I never think to do it in that way.

In fact I installed QAWizard in each virtual machine. In that way, I don't need to make some code only to open VMWare, select the desire operating system, find a way to wait for windows opened, click on the correct icon to open the desire program etc. I made a script that is shared between all virtual machines. When I want to verify one version I just open the virtual machine, open QAWizard in it and ran the desire script... It allows me to verify informations on the registry too with only QAWizard functions.

Does it sounds not logical to you in the way of working?

Rich W.
Veteran

Reged: 03/05/04
Loc: West Coast of the East Coast!
Re: Program switching problem in VMWare [Re: JSmey]
      #642628 - 09/17/10 11:35 AM

If it works then it is OK. Doesn't really matter how you go about it as long as it does what you want it to. One of my big issues was testing Excel spreadsheets. In order to clean them up, I used Excel macros. Try transferring a macro from one machine to another. Even with the same version of Excel there seem to be issues. I found the easiest method was copy and paste into a new macro. Exporting and importing is a pain. All in all I think I like QAWP better than QTP. It seems to be more flexible and not as pre-formatted as QTP. Plus the support is far better.

Good luck.

--------------------
Personal Comment

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
~ Winston Churchill ~

...Rich Wagner

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  AJ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3276

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement SQAForums