Links
Downloads

Software Testing >> Functional Testing

Pages: 1
mSky

Reged: 05/03/07
UAT checklist
      #635452 - 07/20/10 07:56 AM

Recently I joined a company as a QA person and immediately been put in charge of 'fixing' UAT. It seems that this place suffers from the usual plauges of UAT - data is wrong, environment is not ready, version are not right, no single point of contact, etc.

My first point of attack was to take a snapshop of version/connections/configurations in UAT, SIT and Prod, and then see where the differences are.

The second point of attack was to come up with a checklist as a preparation for UAT. This checklist would be a handover document between a test resource and a build engineer. It would contain the dates for environment, version request, connections, etc.

Has anyone done anything like this checklist before? What form did it take. Can you please point me in the right direction?

Edited by mSky (07/20/10 08:03 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
brentpaineModerator
Veteran

Reged: 03/09/07
Loc: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Re: UAT checklist [Re: mSky]
      #635609 - 07/21/10 06:01 AM

The physical document is nice for us, if we're walking around and recording information. However, if will likely become part of the desk-side file system and never be looked at again. I would probably suggest some sort of digital format, at least to support the physical documents. It also provides you with the ability to keep more detailed track of history and if you use a database you could certainly make searching, filtering, and sorting options across a much wider range of these documents, which could come in handy later on should you run into a pesky intermittent issue that's holding things up.

--------------------
Brent
--------------------
9 out of 10 people I prove wrong agree that I'm right. The other person is my wife.
--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 30 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  blueinatl, AJ, Jeanj, corklad, martinh, brentpaine 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 7694

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement SQAForums