The online community for software testing & quality assurance professionals
 
 
Calendar   Today's Topics
Sponsors:




Lost Password?

Home
BetaSoft
Blogs
Jobs
Training
News
Links
Downloads



Testing Tools >> Oracle e-Test

Pages: 1
openScript_user
Newbie


Reged: 04/07/10
Posts: 3
OpenScript Text Matching with umlauts fails
      #621259 - 04/07/10 11:25 AM

Hi,

i'am using OpenScript 8.50 on a Windows XP german language vm installation to test a webapplication. The page gives back a string containing german umlaute like . It is given as "", not html decodet as "&Auml;". The page contains the tag <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"> in its header.

On recording the server sends a JSON
"capacityIndex":"LNGE".
It is stored to a file in \recordetData\. In this file it is decodet as
"capacityIndex":"L\C3\84NGE".
In OpenScript detailarea this text is shown as
"capacityIndex":"LÄNGE"
there it is selceted to add a "Text Matching Test".

When i playback the Text Matching Test fails, the same JSON "" is sendet by Server, maybe OpenScript compares "\C3\84" to "Ä" that fails.

Maybe i made worng language settings in OpenScript ? (i gave UTF-8 where possible)
or the version 8.50 does not support german XP ?

Any Ideas are very welcome!.

Regards,
Mark


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Mill_town_Larry
Member


Reged: 07/12/01
Posts: 212
Re: OpenScript Text Matching with umlauts fails [Re: openScript_user]
      #622277 - 04/14/10 10:17 AM

A couple of things to ask here. First, is there a reason why you are still using OpenScript 8.5? Current version is 9.10. The 8.5 release was actually the first release of OpenScript and it had some issues in the http module (only one available at the time). The second question is if you are applying your text matching test against source or html processed text?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
openScript_user
Newbie


Reged: 04/07/10
Posts: 3
Re: OpenScript Text Matching with umlauts fails [Re: Mill_town_Larry]
      #622853 - 04/19/10 04:30 AM


We got a licence for Oracle ATS 8.5, that's why we use OpenScript 8.5.
We think about using a Trail 9.10 to evaluate the benefit, and then maybe get a Licence for it.

I applied the text matching test against source and html. In both cases umlauts shown in the same way.


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Mill_town_Larry
Member


Reged: 07/12/01
Posts: 212
Re: OpenScript Text Matching with umlauts fails [Re: openScript_user]
      #623079 - 04/20/10 07:18 AM

It would be worth downloading the trial version and giving it a go. I know there have been a lot of fixes since the first release back in 8.5

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
openScript_user
Newbie


Reged: 04/07/10
Posts: 3
Re: OpenScript Text Matching with umlauts fails [Re: Mill_town_Larry]
      #623091 - 04/20/10 09:56 AM


Yes, thanks i'll do it.


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1



Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Joe Strazzere, martinh, AJ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4704

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement SQAForums

Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5