Links
Downloads

Software Testing >> Functional Testing

Pages: 1
Ravikumar_Kothandaraman

Reged: 12/12/06
Testing Mobile Banking Application
      #470351 - 03/27/08 06:32 AM

I would like get some pointers in testing Mobile banking application. Do we need to test the applications with different mobile devices?

Please share across your experience in testing Mobile Banking application

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tony Davis
Veteran

Reged: 03/23/00
Loc: Orange County, CA
Re: Testing Mobile Banking Application [Re: Ravikumar_Kothandaraman]
      #470474 - 03/27/08 09:32 AM

Do your specs limit the devices they say the application will support? If there isn't the defined list of supported and non supported devices, what do you think the next step would be?

--------------------
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Ravikumar_Kothandaraman

Reged: 12/12/06
Re: Testing Mobile Banking Application [Re: Tony Davis]
      #470882 - 03/28/08 08:39 AM

I yet to get the specs. Since I know the kind of applications that we are going to have, I need to have an head-start to know about this Mobile testing and how it is being tested in the banking domain

Tony Davis
Veteran

Reged: 03/23/00
Loc: Orange County, CA
Re: Testing Mobile Banking Application [Re: Ravikumar_Kothandaraman]
      #470912 - 03/28/08 09:23 AM

Your efforts might be better served trying to obtain the specs than performing efforts you aren't even sure would apply.

--------------------
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Shane_MacLaughlin

Reged: 09/22/05
Loc: Dublin, Ireland
Re: Testing Mobile Banking Application [Re: Tony Davis]
      #470940 - 03/28/08 10:27 AM

You may also find it worthwhile to browse the topics under discussion in the embedded and PDA section of this forum as it specifically deals with mobile testing.

--------------------
My LinkedIn profile

shankar_mca

Reged: 03/16/07
Re: Testing Mobile Banking Application [Re: Shane_MacLaughlin]
      #472745 - 04/04/08 03:06 AM

Hello Ravi Kumar,
in general testing the mobile application means not only using the mobile u can test the application in ur pc using the emulators.
so u have to download the emulators for ur specified mobile model device and load it into ur pc and u can test the ur application directly in ur system. so no need 2 do testing in mobile device b'coz that is very cost. u have 2 purchase many no of mobile models and u have to test the application in each and every mobile. so better to download the emulators for mobile phones and access ur bank application in ur PC only.

thekid
Advanced Member

Reged: 01/07/07
Loc: Castle Grayskull
Re: Testing Mobile Banking Application [Re: shankar_mca]
      #473023 - 04/06/08 12:38 PM

Given an app that supports Mac and Win the above comment is analogous to saying that there's no need to test on Win machines.....simply install Bootcamp on a Mac and run Windows. Saves the department/company $$$ because there's no need to buy Win machines....just Mac.

Ravi....I would highly recommend you do not do this. It may be ok for a portion of testing but you need to get the devices. However, it's also not reasonable to state in your test strategy the department needs to purchase "each and every mobile" device on the market as mentioned above.

--------------------
Reserve a few months every so often and preview retirement throughout your career. You won't regret that a 35 year career was reduced to 34 years to take vacations measured in months in order to remember what a stress and care-free life is all about.

Books and hard work will get you anywhere you want to go.

supratim

Reged: 06/28/06
Loc: India
Re: Testing Mobile Banking Application [Re: thekid]
      #476424 - 04/17/08 11:36 PM

Ravi.....
I would like to share my experince with you. I have also tested a Banking Applications in Mobile domain.
First what you need to find is the Technology which would be used in the development. J2ME or DOTNET.
Then try and find out the targeted devices. One thing I would like to tell you that we developed our Banking Application in Java and the target device was Blackberry 8700, HP PDA running Win Mobile5.0 and Nokia E61.
We tested the application in the emulators first; first we tested with seed data and then with a remote database, and we found it to be working fine. But as soon as we started the testing in a complete END-END environment we came up with many issues. The development team was totally confused. The issues that we encountered were navigational as well as functional.
After many frustating days the development team finally contacted the manufacturers of these products (mobiles) then we came to know that certain things are not supported by Symbian OS, and by Nokia.

--------------------
Regards,
Supratim.

"Look at all the sentences which seem true and question them."
http://supratimmodak.blogspot.com/

AmitMhatre

Reged: 08/08/09
Loc: Mumbai, India
Re: Testing Mobile Banking Application [Re: supratim]
      #588358 - 08/30/09 01:04 AM

yes, i m working n same, u require to test it across various mobile browers & devices

--------------------
Thanks
Amit Mhatre
http://amitcmhatre.wordpress.com

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 26 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  blueinatl, AJ, Jeanj, corklad, martinh, brentpaine 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *
Topic views: 5862

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement SQAForums