Downloads

Testing Tools >> Application Center Test

Pages: 1
jijokuruvila1982

Reged: 11/20/07
ACT is not working with ASP.Net application
      #434821 - 11/20/07 06:38 PM

Hi all,

Have an issue with Application Center Test while Testing ASP.Net Application.

When we start a new test in ACT, by default its showing the Proxy server as 'Local Host' and port '8181',due to this reason i was unable to access .net application hosted in any other server.

we tried to reset the proxy server as our internal proxy server in ACT, when we start recording that populate an explorer window still with a 'local host' Proxy server and showing a message "The page cannot be displayed".

We try to reset the proxy server in the internet explorer which populated while recording, this allows to access our .Net application. But when we reset the proxy server, the ACT is not generating the script for the same.

Pls advise

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Eddy Teng

Reged: 01/16/04
Loc: Illinois, USA
Re: ACT is not working with ASP.Net application [Re: jijokuruvila1982]
      #458667 - 02/16/08 05:12 AM

Greetings,

Does anyone have insights about this. I remembered that ACT (Visual Studio .NET 1.1) worked with ASP .NET in a .NET application 3 years ago (wrote by dev team). I ended up using LoadRunner for performance testing as it's more flexible (told by dev/QA manager). I am investigating using ACT as load testing tool for .NET application (C# .NET 2.0). Please advise if someone has successful story. My feel of ACT is that it does things quite similar to LoadRunner. The difference I know was one uses VBSCript and the other uses C. Thanks.

Yeorwned

Reged: 04/10/08
Re: ACT is not working with ASP.Net application [Re: Eddy Teng]
      #474657 - 04/11/08 08:38 AM

I have been using ACT exclusively and found it can do just about anything if given a chance. I do have issues with counters not functioning properly and restarts are often the only solution. From a pricing standpoint, considering someone is trained in neither application, I would suggest ACT. I haven't used Mercury in about two years.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  AJ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5296

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement SQAForums