Quality Engineering >> Defect Tracking

Pages: 1
igharios

Reged: 01/27/00
Loc: Waltham, MA, USA
bug tracking system
      #227237 - 08/02/00 08:19 AM

hi,
I am looking to get a new bug tracking system. It looks like there is a lot of, but I am looking at something which will do the following listed by priority:
1. support web access / support testplan (test cases) merging
2. generate reports / easy to use (a plus)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Matt Bromley
Unregistered

Re: bug tracking system
      #227238 - 08/02/00 09:28 AM

Hey!

I would suggest taking a look at Defect Tracker! From what it sounds like, it may be exactly what your looking for. The functionality is great! They'll even offer you a free 1 week trial. Simply navigate to http://www.DefectTracker.com.

Also, http://www.SQAtester.com is a great resource for researching defect tracking systems. It's a one stop solution for product descriptions and price comparisons. Hope this helps you out!

igharios

Reged: 01/27/00
Loc: Waltham, MA, USA
      #227239 - 08/04/00 08:00 AM

Ok, now I am down to these 4 products:
1. Project InVision (www.smecorporation.com)
2. Track (www.soffront.com)
3. TrackWise (www.sparta-systems.com)
4. Defect Tracker (http://www.DefectTracker.com)
Let me know if you have any pro or con on these products

StProg

Reged: 05/25/00
      #227240 - 08/07/00 11:23 AM

Recently, last week to be exact, my company was also in the process of finding a new bug tracking system. I saw your postings throughout the week and decided to look into the 4 products you had narrowed it down to. Reporting, ease of use, and web-based were some of the many things we were looking for as well.

I investigated each of them. Let me just to tell you, by the time I reached Defect Tracker (4th on your list) I was fit to be tied! I couldn't believe the hassle that Project InVision(PI), Track(T), and TrackWise(TW) put me through. PI wouldn't even give me any pricing information until I filled out some sort of questionnaire! It's like they had something to hide. They wouldn't just tell you everything up front. All of them made you jump through 2 or 3 hoops and fill out hassle filled questionnaires before you could get any idea of what the product was actually like. This made the last product on your list, Defect Tracker, very refreshing.

They had nothing to hide. They tell you right on their home page (http://www.DefectTracker.com) exactly what it is going to cost to purchase the product. And they make getting a feel for the product completely hassle free! With one click, you can navigate through a sample version of the product. With another click you can sign up for a free week long trial of the product and have instant access to it! Beyond the fact that there was no hassle, I actually found Defect Tracker to be a better solution anyways. The idea of no per user costs and a lifetime of free updates was very attractive to my company. That's why we decided to purchase Defect Tracker this morning.

Forgive me for the length, but those are my pro's and con's. I want to thank you for posting that list. Dealing with the hassle of the first 3 products on there (PI, T and TW) really provided me with some reassurance about my decision to go with Defect Tracker.

Good Luck in your search!

- Steve, Analytic Solutions Inc.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  AJ, Daniel_S, swt88 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2895

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement SQAForums