Downloads

Software Testing >> Security Testing

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
qa_venkat

Reged: 03/27/06
credit card testing
      #198697 - 04/04/06 11:47 PM

hi

can any one give me the checklist for credit card testing or the test cases for credit card testing or the possible check for credit card.

venkat

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pragathi V

Reged: 12/08/05
Re: credit card testing
      #198698 - 04/05/06 05:00 AM

I cannot give a ready-made checklist or test cases for testing Credit Card, but all I can give you is a rough idea.

I involved in a project where we validated the credit cards like...Master Card, Visa, American Express and Discover.

What we do while testing this is.....Each and every type of card will have a specific number of digits as Card Number. For example say, Discover should have 17 digits only. Also each card will have an expiry date. With these validations in mind, we will write test cases like
1. Test the boundary conditions for credit card by giving more than 17 digits and less than 17 digits.
2. Invalid credit card number.
3. Invalid Expiry date etc

Hope this gives you some idea.

Steve Devonport

Reged: 05/10/00
Loc: Nottingham, UK
      #198699 - 04/07/06 07:31 AM

Surely the question is what are you trying to test? I.e. is it the credit card physical attributes, the chip on the credit card, the funds authorsation process, the account processing, etc?

Maybe you can be a little more precise?

visweshwar

Reged: 07/24/04
Loc: india
      #198700 - 04/27/06 09:41 AM

Hi Steve,

It would be great if u can give me or us the each scenario and relevant test case(s) of those that u mentioned like credit card physical attributes, the chip on the credit card, the funds authorsation process, the account processing?

JakeBrake

Reged: 12/19/00
Loc: St. Louis - Year 2025
      #198701 - 04/27/06 06:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by visweshwar:
Hi Steve,

It would be great if u can give me or us the each scenario and relevant test case(s) of those ...

Gopal and Venkat, actually it would be even better if you did this on your own, especially if it is your job. If you are incapable of doing this it is best to let your employer and client know so that they can get a qualified person to do this. Thanks in advance for coming clean and being honest with your customer. Please understand that one of our mottos here is that "We do not bastardize!" Another good one is, "We do our own work and not that of others." And, unless things have changed, yahoo groups may be fertile ground for dishonesty and deceptive practices.

Do either of you find it ironic that you would ask for an accomplice to dishonesty in the Security Forum??? [Smile]

[ 04-27-2006, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: JakeBrake ]

visweshwar

#198702 - 04/28/06 04:07 AM

Hi jakeBrake,

Thanx for reminding my capability..

It would be great if u can answer only to those questions that you know better rather than pointing out other people capabilities. i hope u will not come out of with this kind of answers anymore and to anyone in the future...

Thanx again for reminding it...
bye

JakeBrake

#198703 - 04/28/06 04:18 AM

Change the manner of your questions so that you can get better answers.
Read the posting guidelines and FAQ.
Understand that you in this topic, hijacked the topic belonging to someone else.
If you do not care to comply, the exit door is labeled "logout".

[ 04-28-2006, 04:32 AM: Message edited by: JakeBrake ]

visweshwar

#198704 - 04/28/06 06:10 AM

Hi jakeBrake,

Looks like you don't have anyother work, the actual question is pointed to steve (look out the above messages in this link) and u interferred by giving ur lecture by straight away taking our names..if u don;t want to answer or u don;t know the answer..please don;t comment...and by the way guidelines and FAQ are meant for everybody and also the LOGOUT link....

Thanks for reminding those two (to the freshers)
bye

Rich W.
Veteran

Reged: 03/05/04
Loc: West Coast of the East Coast!
      #198705 - 04/28/06 07:36 AM

Oh for Pete's sake!
Gopal and Venkat
[rant]Grow up! Life is too darned short to go around begging others for templates and check-lists. Do your own work and try not to mis-represent your abilities just to get a lousy job. Your honor is much more important than you profession! Money is far outweighed by Honor, Integrity, and social interactions. [/rant]

sureshj

Reged: 03/30/03
Loc: Uk
      #198706 - 04/28/06 07:49 AM

Rich, your Disclaimer is nice & funny, but has a logical bug..

lynneM - RIP

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: FL, USA
      #198707 - 04/28/06 08:14 AM

OK Suresh - you got my interest - I can't see what you are talking about

Arpisrini

Reged: 04/03/06
      #198708 - 04/28/06 11:46 AM

I appreciate Pragathi for giving some ideas.People do their work but they wanna do it better thats y they come here.If u have time,give answers like Pragathi.Her answers were so useful to me even though I am not testing any credit card.It just gives you the idea on how to test different application.This forum is for sake of gaining knowledge.Please do not fight over any matter.Do not waste your and other's time.We come here to gain knowledge and thought.So pls do not repeat this.Its my humble request.

Arpitha

SteveO44

Reged: 07/08/04
Loc: St. Louis, MO, USA
      #198709 - 04/29/06 12:39 AM

I see it as one thing when asking for help to do your work and something completely different asking someone to do my work for me.

1. "I have to test a credit card system and I'm thinking of doing 'X' to do it. I'd appreciate any comments/concerns with my approach."

2. "Give me the checklist."

Two VERY different requests and I don't think people are out of line blasting requests like the 2nd.

If they get the checklist, what do they learn?

lynneM - RIP

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: FL, USA
      #198710 - 04/28/06 01:09 PM

Steve,

Well put - there is a major difference between the 2 requests and in responding to the first I would feel I am helping someone in responding to the second I would feel like I was doing their work.

sureshj

Reged: 03/30/03
Loc: Uk
      #198711 - 04/28/06 01:40 PM

Lynne,

The comment was made to change the mood of the discussion, than anything else.

But Since you asked,

Rich says - "This Information is my opinion only, not the ideas or beliefs of any or all members of this group."

Opinion - A personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty

Rich himself happens to be a member of the group.. so he should have said "any other" rather than "any".

JakeBrake

#198712 - 04/28/06 01:59 PM

Actually, I have met Rich in person and can assure you he is not part of any group! [Smile] He does carry at least one credit card. I did see him test it. He did not at any time ask or insist that I test his credit card for him. He seemed to be resourceful enough to test it on his own. I know that I would have provided a more exhaustive set of tests on his credit card.

[Smile]

[ 04-28-2006, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: JakeBrake ]

Arpisrini

Reged: 04/03/06
      #198713 - 04/28/06 10:54 PM

Venkat may be putting his effort and may be asking for help also.What do you say Venkat?If you did not even think of how to test a credit card and did not get atleast one idea,then u do not deserve the right to ask anybody's help.Wake up and do not be lazy to do your own work.Let us know what u have done so that we will try to give you more ideas on that.If we tell you the same thing what u have done,then it will be wasting ur and our time.So,whenever you ask a question,just ask for help but not for others to do your job.

Thanks,
Arpitha

PraveenAbey

Reged: 12/29/04
Loc: Sri Lanka
      #198714 - 05/17/06 01:53 AM

Hi Venket,

The test cases provided by pragathi are the best possible ones to validate the scenarios related to a credit card.You can find some dummy credit card numbers and there related card types if you visit the http://www.verisign.com. This may be useful since by using them you can easily simulate the real environment.

anvs

Reged: 06/08/06
Re: credit card testing [Re: PraveenAbey]
      #367574 - 03/21/07 06:26 PM

its really kiddish and silly looking at people going back and forth. listen! iam not trying to be smart here but please please do your own research before posting anything in the forum rather than choosing this forum to get a free ride. no pain no gain....forgive me if you dont like what I say..

digits71

Reged: 01/29/01
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Re: credit card testing [Re: anvs]
      #367677 - 03/22/07 06:45 AM

Okay everyone, until the OP comes back with his own testing approach for us all to vet, I think we can let this one be.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  icruiser, AJ, Walen 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *
Topic views: 25709

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement SQAForums