Hi, I have installed fresh version of qc 10.00 on server, qc 9.2 is using different application and database server,I have to migrate projects from qc 9.2 to qc 10.00, please advise me the steps
Loc: San Diego
Are you using SQL on the DB? Is your QC object repository on the file system or in the DB?
Loc: San Diego
Please read the following carefully. Some of the steps only apply if you are moving the object repository to a new location. This also assumes you are on SQL 2005 moving from SQL 2000:
Windows 2003 server (32BIT)
SQL Server 2005
Verify the BIPQA user account is a local administrator on the application server as it is used to run the JBOSS server service. The TD SQL user account needs to be created prior to installation. Remove the default password security from the account and set the password as “tdtdtd”. IIS 6.0
Please NOTE the following. All steps marked by * are only performed when upgrading from version 9. If the existing QC projects are on SQL 2005 then skip the step.
1. Log onto <QC_WEB_SERVER> and uninstall Quality Center Version 9. *
2. Reboot the server. *
3. Login as <USER>
4. Map a network drive to INSTALL LOCATION and select reconnect at logon. Skip if have the CD.
5. Browse to <INSTALL LOCATION> and run SETUP.EXE
6. Click next on the welcome screen.
7. Accept the license agreement and click next.
8. Browse to the location of the license file.
9. Enter the maintenance number and click next.
10. Select First Node/Standalone and click next.
11. Accept the default installation directory and click next.
12. Select JBOSS application server and click next.
13. Enter the following values:
a. <JBOSS USER>
c. <YOUR DOMAIN>
14. Click next.
15. Use the default web site and click next.
16. Use SMTP server and enter <SMTP SERVER> as the server name then click next.
17. Click next on the demo projects screen.
18. Select MS-SQL Authentication and click next. You will be prompted for the SA password, please contact the database group at this step.
19. Select upgrade copy of existing schema and click next. *
20. Use the default database name and click next.
21. Enter the QC site admin username and password then click next.
22. Enter <REPOSITORY PATH> for the repository path and click next.
23. Click next on the review installation details screen.
1. Browse to the existing object repository on <QC_APPLICATION_SERVER>: D:\Mercury Interactive\Quality Center\repository\qc\Default\
2. Each project has a repository folder that needs to be copied to the new location on the QA share on Earth. The new repository folder will be Q:\QualityCenter\qc\Default
3. Copy all folders from the old location to the new folder on Q:
4. Within each folder there is an DBID.XML file that needs to be updated as follows:
a. <PHYSICAL_DIRECTORY>\\YOUR PATH\</PHYSICAL_DIRECTORY>
5. Using SQL the QCSITEADMIN database needs to be updated to reflect the new location of the object repository as well as the new database server.
6. Connect to SRSQL2005 and run the following updates:
a. update qcsiteadmin_db0..td.DBSERVERS set db_connstr_format = 'jdbc:mercury:sqlserver://NEW_SERVER:1433' where db_connstr_format = 'jdbc:mercury:sqlserver://OLD_SERVER:1433'
b. update qcsiteadmin_db0..td.PROJECTS set db_connstr_format = 'jdbc:mercury:sqlserver://NEW_SERVER:1433' where db_connstr_format = 'jdbc:mercury:sqlserver://OLD_SERVER:1433'
c. For each project you will need to update this statement to reflect the physical folder in the repository location as well as change the project_id value, be careful!
d. update qcsiteadmin_db0..td.PROJECTS set physical_directory = '\\YOUR_PATH\YOUR_PROJECT' where project_id = YOUR_ID – change this value for each project updated!
7. From the QC site administration page upgrade each project database by right clicking the project, select maintain project then click upgrade. A new pop up window will open: click the upgrade project button on the bottom left of the page. Each upgrade will take between 2 to 8 minutes to complete depending on the size of the project. Once complete repeat the steps above but select “Repair Project”. This will ensure there are no compatibility issues with custom fields/values in the new version
Hope this helps you as well as anyone else upgrading from 9.x to version 10.
Please note that windows authentication does not work. HP has a patch for that but I have never tested it.