Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: The Case for Automated Software Testing

Elfriede - look for a private mail regarding some feedback on this article.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]

If the definition of success is based on "a set of attainable goals and objectives" but is not specified in the article, then the interpretation of sucess is open.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily. The interpretation of success depends on the goals of each automation effort and is not specific to only one situation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

As (yet another) newbie, I too thought the article was very informative, a concise yet comprehensive overview of automated testing.

One question:
    I feel compelled to pick up a copy of Automated Software Testing after reading the articles, posts and recommendations, but would like to know how well the book still applies to current tools and approaches.

Many thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]

One question:
    I feel compelled to pick up a copy of Automated Software Testing after reading the articles, posts and recommendations, but would like to know how well the book still applies to current tools and approaches.

Many thanks in advance!

[/ QUOTE ]

While many more automated testing tools especially open source frameworks and tools are now available, and the
    versions of the major vendor provided tools described in the book have incremented (....and vendors have merged)
    after almost 10 years in circulation and now in its 11th printing the basic premise of the Automated Testing Lifecycle Methodology (ATLM) described in detail in the book "Automated Software Testing" still applies.
    I know of various organizations where the ATLM is still being implemented today. For a high-level summary of the ATLM and to see whether this is something that would be useful to you take a look here: http://www.stickyminds.com/s.asp?F=S2065_ART_2
    This might help you make the decision whether the book will be useful to you or not.

Thanks,
    Elfriede

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    Elfriede - look for a private mail regarding some feedback on this article.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, thanks for sharing the fact that you are far too important to share your thoughts in public!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Elfriede, This is a wonderful article and has been referenced often as a foundational piece.

The vision of self-testing-software is truly a realizable long-term goal (and I have seen encouraging progress from test & technology vendors and leading-edge development shops I've worked with).

I would suggest an update to this article, however, with the proven success of some on-demand Testing-as-a-Service (TaaS) based options that have emerged since its original publishing.

TaaS models that enable test teams access to test tools and environments on a pay-as-you-go model specifically address the top 3 barriers to adoption of test automation highlighted in this article:

* Time: On-demand services mean full-scale test environments and tools are ready whenever the dev/test teams are. This is awesome for Agile teams, and time-to-test-execution can be up to 90& faster - particularly in areas like performance regression testing.

* Cost: I estimate the cost of a 100,000 user load test with 50+ load servers and the traditional software cost at nearly $700k-$800k. Costs of these services via some TaaS solutions are single-digit percentages of this - not even considering the test coding costs.

* Trained Personnel: Testing service platforms often employ the the best automation engineers available and collaboratively leverage the testing expertise of your staff as a blended team that maximizes the skills of both.

Brad
    ** I work for SOASTA, the CloudTest Company **

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi All,

Since, I am new to field please tell me what does a White Paper mean?

Thank you,
    Deepali
    Best Regards,
    Deepali Nandargi (Mohite)
    QA Lead
    Information Technology
    Pune, MH, INDIA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    Since, I am new to field please tell me what does a White Paper mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...oq=&aqi=g1
    Joe Strazzere
    Visit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,

Thank you for providing me the link...It helped me a lot. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So,A white paper is an authoritative report or guide that often addresses problems and how to solve them. White papers are used to educate readers and help people make decisions. They are used in politics and business. They can also be a government report outlining policy.

--Deepali
    Best Regards,
    Deepali Nandargi (Mohite)
    QA Lead
    Information Technology
    Pune, MH, INDIA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded