At my work we have .NET application. I would like to install QTP.. Can someone tell me what are the areas that I need to concentrate in intalling QTP?
Some of my questions are
1) How do I connect the tool to the db to verify the db records
2) Is it compatable with establishing connection to any other defect tracker?
<font color="red"> </font>
Is there any good books that someone has come across so I get a good knowledge about QTP?
To verify that information is entered into the database at runtime, you will need to add code to your script which will open a connection to the database, query the database, then close the connection. Here are the steps to do this (an example follows).
1. Create an "ADODB.Connection" object (the database object).
2. Set the connection string for the database object.
3. Open the connection to the database.
4. Execute a SQL statement.
5. Close the database connection.
The query will return the values as a tab delimited string. You can parse through the string and verify that the information is correct.
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.