I am new in this field and i want to know what are re the papameters for testing a web form(registration form). What type of validations(number of characters entered, corrrect format of data, etc.) should be there on each field
When you are testing a web page then there number of parameters need to be tested: -
1. Page Size
2. Broken Links
3. Style Sheet
4. Font size, Type, Color etc...
5. Page Titles/Meta Tags
6. Image size/resolution/Image location/etc..
7. Scripts that are used in the webpage.
8. Server configuration
9. Performance testing (Load/Stress/Volume)
10. Form Validation: - Button activation/deactivation, Char validation for each field, Font type/color/size in each field, Max and min. limit or the field, Field type (Text Box, text Area, Combo box, etc...), Field level validation (mandatory fields)any more things like this...
11. If we are saving data then fetch that data from dabase, whether is it saving correctly or not, this can be tested by running Queries and fetching data through web page(If possible).
12. If there is a field, which should be unique/Primary key then enter same data 2-3 times and test it.
13. Page session time (If there)
14. If page require login credential then logout and click back button from your browser or simply press back key from the keyboard.
15. User authentication.
16. Page navigation
17. Content testing