I want some information regarding automation scenarios of a webbased application
What testing activities would you automate to test a web based application. How do you choose what to automate? Would there be some activities that you would not want to automate – if so why?
If anybody is having idea about it please give me solution.
Test scenarios come from the business units. They will vary based on the application under test functionality.
A common set can be derived based on experience of testing multiple sites and applications:
Functional Test Scenarios
4. Business critical functions
5. Account -- functions (logon, access, creation, right manipulation etc)
6. Field validation (Checking to make sure fields have valid data and accept the requirement specified values
7. Data validation -- retuned queries mapped to database values
Performance test Scenarios
1. Login / Logout
4. A Database write (a commit transaction) -- Based on Business Functionality
5. A Database Delete (Delete Transaction) -- Based on Business Functionality
Keep in mind there can be more I just wipped this up in 5 min