Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Web link checker

Does anyone know of a tool that is pretty robust in checking broken links, anchors, html, xml, zref, href, etc, etc..

I use a desktop version tool called Coast that is very good, but have run into issues with it missing pages that have a broken link. This tool needs to scan 25000 + links that could be on 40000 or more web pages. These pages are in .Net.

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Web link checker

Hi,

Webcheck from Compuware is a good tool for doing this sort of testing. I have used it to test up to 100,000+ pages.

Rolly
    Rolly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Just wondering if you tried a search on "link checker" in the search box above.

It will show several topics on this issue over various forums here. Some of the messages even appear here.

I think the fact that the web pages are in .Net is irrelevant to the checker. The checker just checks the links regardless of how the page was put together, or even what OS the web server is running on.

There are many such tools in existence.
    It Depends.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

something that I've used in the past...

Xenu
    http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html