Can anyone throw some light on the age old problem of page cannot be displayed?
I've tried the entire knowledgebase of Microsoft website and other sites and they seem to say the same things.
The problem is when a form is submitted with an attachment which is supposed to create a new project - our customer is getting this error.This occurs frequently to him.(Browser I.E. 5.5 128 BIT) Has anyone faced this and overcome this problem?If so,please keep me updated of the way to solve this.Please dont say the same stuff..clear the cache,check the connections,check registry,and so on...
Get a performance testing tool, record and playback, then look at the logs. Compare with the web server logs. If you can't replicate it, and can't find it in the server logs, it's going to be hard to track down.
Server side log is a good place to start. But there are situations where errors are not handled properly on the server side, and log files on the server side do not have useful information.
Then you may have to use web capacity test software with rich client side log, such as LoadDriver (from http://www.inforsolution.com), to reproduce the error and figure out when and how it happens.
In one of the pre-production tests with LoadDriver, we found a few of "Page cannot be displayed" errors. The server side log does not report errors at all. By studying the client side log, we found the error happened when multiple requests of a page were sent to the server and were being processed by the server at the "same time". After reviewing the server side code, we found that the page write some data to a file. Our speculation was that one request try to write to the file that is being written to by another request. Further tests validated the speculation.