Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How to test *.asp files executable efficiency with Web Applicational Stress Tool?

Please tell me some detailed steps.
    Thanks.

------------------
    winkle
    winkle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to test *.asp files executable efficiency with Web Applicational Stress Tool?

More information on what you are looking for. Are you looking to see how long it takes an .asp page to run? Do you want to know how long it takes to render a page in a broswer? Do you want to know how long it takes to execute just the .asp functions?

------------------
    Simple minds, Simple thoughts!

Doug
    I figure if you have the courage to get out of bed in the morning, then how bad can the day be.

Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to test *.asp files executable efficiency with Web Applicational Stress Tool?

I have written two .asp files which have same function, so I want to compare which one executable efficiency is high? how long?or the others.

------------------
    winkle
    winkle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by winkle:
    I have written two .asp files which have same function, so I want to compare which one executable efficiency is high? how long?or the others.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What will be your determining factors? Time? Memory usage? Processor utilization? All the above? You need to decide on what level you are considering the executable to be efficient.

If it is merely time I would put a time stamp at the begining and end of the .asp page and calculate the time it took to perform it.

If memory or processor I would use something like Perfmon to watch how the .asp works on the system. There are of course other things to look at based on the actions you are performing.

------------------
    Simple minds, Simple thoughts!

Doug
    I figure if you have the courage to get out of bed in the morning, then how bad can the day be.

Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by allogene:

If memory or processor I would use something like Perfmon to watch how the .asp works on the system. There are of course other things to look at based on the actions you are performing.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you please elaborate on Perfmon? Where do we get this tool and how do we use it?
    JP Reddy
    Project Manager

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

PerfMon is included with NT/2000

Go to Programs -- Admin Tools

or run winnt\system32\perfmon.exe

------------------