Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Webtesting in Windows 98 environment

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody can help me with webtesting.

I am using WinRunner to record a script on Internet Explorer 5.0 and 5.5. Also Netscape 4.7 and 6.

For some reasons, script does not get recorded properly in context sensitive mode.

it'll show something like this for example when i record it:

win_activate ("Browser Main Window_1");
    win_mouse_click ("html_frame_1", 41, 132);
    win_mouse_click ("html_frame_1", 232, 381);
    win_mouse_click ("html_frame_1", 37, 129);

If you know what I'm doing wrong, please post a message here. or e-mail me at
    cdbd123@hotmail.com.

thank you.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Webtesting in Windows 98 environment

Have you tried using GUI Checkpoints for verification? Is the browser maximized? Have you tried using the GUI Map editor to identify the objects on the screen? I'm just shooting out ideas to you for you to try. I'm not saying those are the solutions.
    The GUI Map editor may help you to identify the objects on the screen so you can give them unique names. Just a thought....

------------------
    droman26
    The artist formerly known as droman.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

ALSO...when it comes to automated testing in any environment, I typically like to use the keyboard to navigate throughout the application or web page. I rarely use the mouse to record anything. Using the keyboard for navigation may help you.

------------------
    droman26

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Drawman,
    thank you for the advise. actually I'm quite new in this automation and specially web testing. I did check for browser is maximized and tried to edit gui file too from gui map editor.

i'm in the initial stages of web testing and thus, trying to record by mouse clicking but seems to have no luck.
    thanks anywyay

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by johnny:
    i'm in the initial stages of web testing and thus, trying to record by mouse clicking but seems to have no luck.
    thanks anywyay

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, then definately try using the keyboard when recording the navigation. It's much easier to edit the "TAB" throughout the application than to edit mouse click coordinates.

------------------
    droman26

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I need to check all links and images on the webpage. I'm not exectly sure how to do this without manually clicking on those things.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by johnny:
    I need to check all links and images on the webpage. I'm not exectly sure how to do this without manually clicking on those things.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you go under tools/gui map editor you will see the Gui map editor screen appear. Have your webpage open and click on the Learn button on this GUI Map editor screen. Select the title bar of your webpage and the GUI Map editor should learn all the objects on the page. Keep in mind that it may also learn the objects such as Stop, Refresh, Home, ect...you may want to discard those if it interferes with your testing.

------------------
    droman26