Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Web application testing help

I am having question,
    Question : If I want to test the Web application working properly different countries then how could I test it?

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by amit gulhane View Post
    I am having question,
    Question : If I want to test the Web application working properly different countries then how could I test it?
    I think it's best to ask your developer on how the local is selected. Could be as complicated as an IP address, or as simple as looking at the browser string for the locale.

If it's more complex than just changing your browser string, you'll want your devs to add in a test hook to override the local. like a "?override-locale=fr/fr" parameter.
    David Lai
    SDET / Consultant
    LinkedIn profile

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    not sure is there is a feasible way for this but browser compatibility tests should suffice this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by amit gulhane View Post
    I am having question,
    First you need to determine a few things:
    1) What does your application do differently for each country?
    2) How does your application know which country you are in?

This will allow you to set up the proper conditions for each country, and will give you the expected results for each.
    Joe Strazzere
    Visit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!