Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

What are some possible tools we can look into?

Hi,

QA is not my primary job, so excuse me if this isn't specific enough or has been covered elsewhere, but i'd really like some recommendations for tools that would possibly work to test our website.

Until this point we have done all our QA manually, but would like to implement a tool that checks to make sure that links are working, data is accurate, basically that the users experience is error-free.

At a minimun, the tool needs to function with Html,Xml,Java, and Active-X. It should primarily check the "appearance" of the site (user experience) and NOT the code or database.

The main priority of the tool (after accuracy) is ease of use and administration-
    It must have a gui interface and require minimal to no scripting. This will NOT be someones full-time job, so we need to be able to set this up, update it as we change the site, and receive reports.

It would be ideal if we could purchase a license to use on several of our sites, but a hosted solution is not out of the question. I know this isn't very detailed, but I would really appreciate some recommendations. I have been looking into things like the "Smart-Bear" software which looks feasible but a cheaper/easier to user option would be even better.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: What are some possible tools we can look into?

We use WinTask.
    Joe Strazzere
    Visit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: What are some possible tools we can look into?

If you are talking about web applications you can also take a look at Selenium, we use it and it even has a simple GUI add-on for FireFox
    -joel
    9 times out 10, less is actually more

PractiTest - QA and Test Management Tool
    QABlog - QA Intelligence Blog