Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Query about Cross browser Compatibility testing

Hi friends,

In my company i am checking the application in 5 browser. The Application check for Cross Browser Testing.
    Also i am new in cross browser testing. I am check the application one page in each browser one by one. Means one page first check in IE than same page in mozilla, google chrome, opera, safari. This way i am check the cross browser testing.
    I am check the usability & functionality of the application in each browser correct or not.
    So please tell me is i am doing correct testing or not. If No then please tell me the process.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Query about Cross browser Compatibility testing

[ QUOTE ]
    I am check the usability & functionality of the application in each browser correct or not.
    So please tell me is i am doing correct testing or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems reasonable.
    Joe Strazzere
    Visit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

It seems reasonable! My suggestion is that you also can cross OSs when do compatibility testing.
    Example:
    1. XP with IE6
    2. Vista with FF
    3. Win 7 with Chrome
    4. Mac OS with Safari

There are many combinations, at least you should cover all browsers.
    Testing is testing...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Make sure that you set the priorities for different browsers before you start testing.

Also check for 32-bit & 64-bit browsers. You can find something different with 64-bit due to lack of available plugins.
    Best Regards,
    Sanket Vaidya

Om - Effortless Text Generation http://sourceforge.net/p/omfortesting/home/description/

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Have you tried understanding more about your tests to understand what needs to be tested on each browser? I don't mean to say that what you are saying is wrong, but maybe you are wasting part of your time testing stuff that can should not change between the browser (under reasonable risk assumptions, obviously).

For example, maybe check presentation on all browsers, but if you are using embedded or standard 3rd party components maybe you can test them in half your browsers?

You should talk to your development or test management to understand if there are safe assumptions to make that will save you part of your work.

My 2 cents.
    -joel
    9 times out 10, less is actually more

PractiTest - QA and Test Management Tool
    QABlog - QA Intelligence Blog

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hello,

If you are still looking for systematic cross browser testing, you can look at "Tester Bench for jQuery"
    http://testjquery.com/.

It is easy to install and easy to learn. The tests are portable from browser to browser. Once you define your test, you can execute it on any browser. Safari at the moment can be tested only under Windows. Opera support will be added in August.

Cheers,
    Mike