| || |
Editing cookies in browsers
Just thought this would be helpful for anyone in web testing.
To view/change browser cookies:
1. Install Firebug 1.2.X:
- Go to the web page you wish to view or set cookie
- Go to Firefox -> Tools Menu-> Open Firebug
- Inspect -> Cookies
- Right click to Edit
2. Another option is to install the add-on Web Developer for Firefox.
- Firefox -> Tools->Web Developer -> Cookies -> View cookies
- Edit cookie
- Go to page again
- Tools -> Web Developer -> Cookies -> View cookies
- You can also delete and refresh cookies
- Go to the web page you wish to view/set cookie
- Install the little program called IECookiesView
- Double-click to execute program
- In the upper pane of the program, click on the name of the website
- In the lower pane of the program, click on the name of the cookie you wish to edit.
- Right-click on the cookie name and choose option to edit
- Close IECookiesView and restart browser
- Navigate to the web page again