I'm hoping someone can help, I've been trying to figure this out for days.

Here's the situation:

Our company currently uses VS2012 Professional, no one has the Ultimate edition. (I am unable to get the ultimate edition of Visual Studio 2012 in order to use the Test Management features).

We are running TFS 2012 as source control.

I have Visual Studio 2008 team test installed as that's what we had a license for and I needed to manually execute load tests.

I have created webtests and load tests in Visual Studio 2008 Team Test. I was able to publish these into TFS 2012 Source Control and create a build definition.

Now I'm a little stuck. I'm not sure how to set this up so when our regular nightly build runs, it will also execute the build that houses the performance tests.

Since we do not have the Ultimate Edition of 2012 (which includes the test/lab management pieces), it sounds like I will not be able to execute these tests I created in Visual Studio 2008 when I run my Build from TFS 2012 source control.

I'd love to just have the Ultimate Edition but that's not an option, so I do know this is a bit convoluted and I've tried looking in both 2012 and 2008 documentation, but I'm not getting anywhere.

Has anyone else had experience with this? Is this even possible to execute load tests because we don't have the VS 2012 Ultimate Edition installed?