SPONSORS:






User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Web test Replay failing - Data Extraction problem

    Hello,

    I'm pretty new to VSTS and I've recorded a web script which had a few dynamic values which VS extracted automatically and binded them to corresponding web requests, but replay of the test is failing and I can see that a few sub requests are failing with a "404-Not Found" error. I've checked the replay logs "Response", "Request" and "Context" where I saw that a request with one of the dynamic parameter which was not extracted by VS automatically passed and one other request with the same value failed.

    Now, VS automatically detected 5 parameters and it binded those to exactly 5 other web requests (resource.axd). If I want to extract an extra parameter, how can I do this and where will I bind this parameter to ??

    Thanks for your time.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: Web test Replay failing - Data Extraction problem


  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: Web test Replay failing - Data Extraction problem

    Thanks for the link Jonathan. I saw this before, but I couldn't replicate that to my situation. Let me give you a run down,

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.aspx
    Extraction Rules
    Extract Text (param1.d)
    Extract Text (param3.d)
    Extract Text (param5.d)

    yyyyyyyyyyyyyScriptResource.axd
    d = {{Param1.d}}

    yyyyyyyyyyyyyScriptResource.axd
    d = {{Param3.d}}

    yyyyyyyyyyyyyScriptResource.axd
    d = {{Param5.d}}

    Now, this is being done by Visual Studio automatically after recording.

    There is a similar step being generated in the recording after this and the exact same steps above are getting repeated, just a change in the parameter names (Param7.d, Param9.d etc), but when I unbind and see the actual paramter that got recorded, Param1.d and Param7.d in 2 different requests are exactly the same. Now, why does Visual Studio do that?? In place of Param7.d, it should have placed Param1.d since the d = xxxxxxxxx is same in both cases.

    Some times, subsequent requests are not getting parameterized by VS automatically and the "d" values are exactly the same. What can we do in such cases to avoid errors in subsequent replays.

    Thanks for your help.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.36 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 10.71%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.4 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.2.8 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBNominate (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Username Changing provided by Username Change (Free) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
BetaSoft Inc.
Digital Point modules: Sphinx-based search
All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:52 PM.

Copyright BetaSoft Inc.