I'm not sure if it's just me or if VSTS does not provide us with a way to produce good reports.
Before using VSTS, i used to run my load tests and produce reports using Load Runner.
- Add Graphs
- Edit counters in graphs
- Export to Word
I do not see any export functionality in VSTS. Please advise if there is a way that i am not aware of to produce the results i need in a well formatted way.
1. LR Version: LR 9.5
2. protocol: Web (HTTP/HTML)
3. HTML-Advanced with URLs: No
4. URL mode: N/A
5. LR FP: N/A
6. VuGen Recording: New Engine
7. Web & Multimedia 1700 - Oracle E-Business 100
8. support/maintenance contract active: yes
9. Windows 2003 R2
10. Did not file
I downloaded trial version of VSTS Test Load Controller on one of the server and then on running the test using the Controller and one Agent I was able to store the load test run results to database. With decent functionality to export results too.
I am not sure if anyone else have found out a way to export results when running on local machine.
- You can copy and paste any (counter) graphs to word/excel
- You can copy and paste the summary results tables to word/excel
- You can export counters to Excel - it's directly in the toolbar/gui (which means you can save as csv if need be)
I tried as Jonathan suggested, I was able to export the reports to CSV or excel only at scenario.
Once I open the result from the "Open and Manage Load test results" screen, I got icon of Excel on the toolbar to export the results which worked fine.
Then after I click on Restore Defaults view button on the same toolbar, the export icons dissappeared.