0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

TCQAA September 2002 meeting reminder - Mpls/St. Paul;

═════════════════════════&#955 2;═════════════════════════&#9 552;═
    TCQAA Meeting – SEPTEMBER 2002 -- NOTE DATE & TIME CHANGE
    ═════════════════════════&#955 2;═════════════════════════&#9 552;═

This is a reminder that the September 2002 meeting of the Twin Cities Quality Assurance Association (TCQAA) is meeting on a different date than its normal schedule and for an extended time period. Space is also limited – we can accommodate approximately 70 attendees.

DATE AND TIME
    DATE: SEPTEMBER 19TH
    The meeting will be on September 19th (the 3rd Thursday of the month), to allow our members attending PSQT/PSTT to also participate in the monthly TCQAA meeting.

TIME: 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
    Because this is a workshop, we are extending the usual meeting time by ½ hour. Please plan on participating for the entire time, to get the full benefit of the process.

MEETING SPECIFICS

DECOMPOSING REQUIREMENTS (Workshop)

Jolene Hart - Compuware

Track: Requirements
    Presentation Level: Introductory

═════════════════════════&#955 2;════════
    Abstract

We all know that “good” requirements definition is the foundation for successful software projects – regardless of development methodology used. And we know that testers often need to take requirements a step further – to make them explicit and testable.

How do we do that? This presentation includes a workshop, during which you will get a chance to put the principles presented into practice. By the end of this presentation/workshop, you will be able to:

· Identify why we need to decompose requirements statements

· Identify the characteristics of good requirements statements

· Write good requirement statements and avoid bad requirements
    statements

Bio

Jolene Hart is a senior Quality consultant at Compuware. She has been helping software development organizations with testing and other quality assurance processes since 1981. As such she has worked with software companies, banks and other financial services companies, medical device manufacturers, public utilities, transportation companies, heavy-duty and light industrial manufacturers, a major Fortune 500 direct-mail merchandiser and government agencies, among others.

Jolene has worked for clients both in the Twin Cities and in Colorado. She currently is a Senior Consultant at Compuware. She has also been an official auditor for ISO 9000 and a manager of consulting and test groups. She is a Certified Quality Analyst and a Certified Quality Auditor. She is a past President and past Program Chair of the Twin Cities Quality Assurance Association (TCQAA) and currently is on the TCQAA Board of Directors.

Cost
    Members – free Visitors - $5.00

For more information, please see the TCQAA Web site at www.tcqaa.org.

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL: This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.

Jean James
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    I deliver what I promise, and I only promise what I can deliver.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: TCQAA September 2002 meeting reminder - Mpls/St. Paul;

Don't forget it's Today - Thursday 9/19.

And the time is 3:30 - 5:30 since it's a workshop instead of the usual speaker.
    "Decomposing Requirements"

Southdale Library.

hmm... yup, requirements do indeed decompose, don't they...
    Just kidding!

------------------
    Jean James, CSTE
    J.James Consulting, Inc.
    "I deliver what I promise, and I only promise what I can deliver."
    Jean James
    I deliver what I promise, and I only promise what I can deliver.