Hello Everyone,

The Denver HP/Mercury users group meeting is just around the corner and this presentation is one you don't want to miss!!!! I am constantly getting request for presentations on reporting from Quality Center. This is the granddaddy of them all!!!!

Please send in your RSVP as soon as possible to Steve Romero at sromero88@yahoo.com as I am expecting a very high turnout for this presentation.

This Presenter for the July meeting is Don Smith, who will be presenting: Alternative Quality Center Data Reporting and Extraction Methods.

Don Smith has been using the Mercury/HP tool suite since 2000. In his various roles as manual/automated tester, lead and automation architect Don has created frameworks/strategies and data management solutions for internal use and external sale. In his current role he created an automation framework/strategy utilizing BPT in cooperation with a group of consultants melding several approaches to enable test case creation by non-technical manual testers and analysts. His secondary roles include those of trainer, mentor and Quality Center support.

SYNOPSIS: Various methods of extracting and formatting Quality Center data will be described and demonstrated. Excel Reporting will be shown including methods to filter by Test Plan and Test Lab hierarchy. Formatting and manipulation of the data is demonstrated using VBA for Excel. The OTA is the common method for external tools to access the data within QC. Examples of accessing the OTA via HTML, QTP and C# will be discussed.

The details are as follows:

Date Thursday October 14th, 2010
Time - 5:00 - 8:00 ***We have this time scheduled however.....we
have the option to go longer if necessary.
55 Inverness Drive East
Englewood, CO 80112

5:00 - 5:30 Get Acquainted and refreshments
5:30 - 5:45 Announcements
5:45 - 6:30 Presentation "Alternative Quality Center Data Reporting and Extraction Methods"
6:30 - 6:45 Break
7:30 - 8:00 Presentation and Q&A

Our thanks to Jeppesen and Connected Testing for their continued sponsorship

Please RSVP at sromero88@Yahoo.com so I may provide Jeppesen with an
expected head count as well as planning for refreshments.
Please note in your RSVP if you are here on a working
Visa as this is required by Jeppesen for security reasons.

I look forward to seeing you all at this event,
Steve Romero
HP/Denver Mercury Users Group