Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Da Search for UNIX GUI Automation Tools

Today, I have been reading several posts indicating a need for Unix GUI Automation tools. Years back, at Bell Labs, on several Solaris projects Xrunner from Mercury was the tool of choice.

Well I did a quick Google search using these search terms, x11 automation solaris opensource, and there were a few hits. This web site seem to have many interesting products with potential:

http://www.opensourcetesting.org/functional.php

Its not unusual in Unix testing to build your own tools or take another and extend it to meet your needs. I know these days, there is so little time and budget.

Good Luck,

Robert Freeman
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of what they have. [Anonymous]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Da Search for UNIX GUI Automation Tools

[ QUOTE ]
    Well I did a quick Google search using these search terms, x11 automation solaris opensource, and there were a few hits. This web site seem to have many interesting products with potential:

[/ QUOTE ]

also... That is a great site for a listing of all open source test tools, not just Unix tools.
    Corey Goldberg
    Homepage: goldb.org
    Twitter: twitter.com/cgoldberg
    Google+: gplus.to/cgoldberg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Da Search for UNIX GUI Automation Tools

For GUI automation, you may want to look at our product, Eggplant. It's not free, of course, but you get the support and polish of a commercial tool -- that is, you're likely to save more in terms of your time than what the tool costs you. At least that's my opinion. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    Doug Simons, Principal Developer
    TestPlant, makers of eggPlant, the Cross-Platform GUI Testing Tool
    http://www.testplant.com