Best unit testing tool for Swing based application

I would like to know whether Rational RobotJ tool is the right tool for doing unit testing of a Java Swing based GUI application as I read in one of the articles that RobotJ does not support record and playback whereas the default SQABasic scripting of Rational Robot enables this.

Basically, I want my tool to handle record and playback, automatic report generation, JAVA language based scripting. Please let me know which will be right tool with the above constraints.

Thanks in advance!!

St. Louis - Year 2025

Re: Best unit testing tool for Swing based application

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The best tool for you and your app is the tool:
    1) does what you/your organization need it to do, and
    2) you and/or your organization can reasonably cause above item 1) to materialize.

How do you find out? Try it!

Can anyone here truly answer your questions and cover all your bases and assure you success with their recommendations, such that all your bases and coded customizations are covered? No. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

It seems your best options are to contact the various tool vendors to see what they offer that is appealing to you. You may also find some tools-sage in the Automated Testing forum.

Good luck. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]