| || |
- 1 Post By dlai
Which is the best automation tool to learn?
I am new to this forum so please bear with me.
I need a suggestion from you people.
I have been working as a manual tester from last 5 years and now wnt to move to automation testing.
Please let me know the best automation tool to learn,also if u can provide me any information where i can learn this tool will be a great help for me.
I would say that testing automation world is moving towards the CI/CD (Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment) era. Which will usually bring in many aspects of Dev Ops and Api development.
Originally Posted by Ritesh Singh
So what I would recommend would be to...
1) Google up High level (Sr and Principal) positions, see what the most popular tech stack is in your area.
2) Learn that programming language. It'll be key when you want to work in that ecosystem.
3) Learn the prevalent deployment, and unit testing frameworks in that stack. For example, if Ruby was popular, than you might want to learn Puppet/R-Spec, if it's a Python then you might go Salt/Nosetest
4) Find the lightweight automation frameworks that deal with the techstack you want to work with. For web you might want to learn Selenium, for Windows apps, you might want to learn White, for Mobile you might want to learn Appium.
5) Learn shell scripting. It's the glue that ties many things together. In unix/linux Bash is a good one to learn, for windows Powershell.
We would recommend you before learning any automation tool, you should first sharpen your programming (language) skills. If you already know any language then best option is to go for that tool, e.g if you know java then you can go for Selenium which is an open source and it is used on large scale by companies. Additionally you can learn QTP and many other tools only thing you need to decide is in which language you want to enhance your skills.
For selenium learning please refer link : Selenium Tutorials 31+ Best Free Selenium Training Tutorials ? Software Testing Help
Please let us know if you require any other help.
“Quality That Creates Value”
QASource delivers your own experienced QA team, a comprehensive QA infrastructure focused on efficiency and excellence, and a new, multi-million-dollar lab.
Some of the automation testing tools which are recommended to learn to get into testing with advanced technologies: