Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

ISEB OR ISTQB

hi ,

I m working in a s/w firm as associate QA and holds abt 1 yr exp. I want to do certification in testing , Bt i m confused b/w iseb and istqb . Can anybody plz suggest me which certification to go for ? or plz suggest me any other cerification which is better for me .

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: ISEB OR ISTQB

First there is a forum for certification itself...please post there.

ISEB gives dual certifications including ISQTB.
    You may also look at CSTE...
    Cheers
    Jonty..
    -- Here to Learn and share ---

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

First go for the ISTQB Foundation certification
    then you can go for any advanced certifications

http://groups.google.com/group/testi...ications?hl=en

Regards,
    Bharath
    www.testbharath.wetpaint.com

www.whytesting.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

As Bharath mentioned Above ....I would recommend ISTQB when compared to both ISEB and CSTE ...

I had a similar confusion as well before I got the ISTQB certification..

ISTQB is gaining corporate popularity..They are using a corporate approach..i.e. They go to big companies and strike a deal with them to provide training and certification to its employees at a company level.. These companies are even making this certification mandatory for all its employees in the QA field...

I am not sully sure about India but here in North America ...ISTQB has already entered some of the top companies..sooner or later they are going to spread to all the top ones...

If you do not mind getting recertified every 3 years then you can go for CSTE coz CSTE gives certification only for 3 years...For every 3 years you have to take some courses and then take the test

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    ...in North America ... sooner or later they are going to spread to all the top ones

[/ QUOTE ]
    Seems a rather assertive and sweeping generalization.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    I am not sully sure about India but here in North America ...ISTQB has already entered some of the top companies..sooner or later they are going to spread to all the top ones...

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps in Canada, but I see no evidence of this in the US.
    Joe Strazzere
    Visit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

To a point they are the same thing - but only to a point.

ISEB and ISTQB have the same syllabus (ie the exams should cover the same content). ISEB write exams using experts, so do the individual boards that make up ISTQB. The difference is ISEB have a set of exams for the whole world and get them translated ensuring quality and credibility every time you take an exam. Individual testing boards write their own exams and use the ISTQB badge. Some are good, some are meant to be not so good in terms of quality. I have heard this from large multinationals.

Having personally attending the main worldwide testing conferences in the past two years, I have rarely heard a multinational company asking for ISTQB. They ask for ISEB as they are usually approached by an ISEB accredited training provider as there are many of them, they have the most experienced tutors (they often lecture at conferences also), and they have been in the market the longest (because many joined ISEB when they started).

As for ISTQB Advanced as mentioned by BharathkumarPenimall, it would actually need to be available to take it. The versions that are out there in two countries are Beta versions (at best) made by individual boards, not created by ISTQB overall. If this was my career, I would be very wary about holding this certification.

If you want a certification recognised worldwide, ISEB is the only route and here is why -
    - Over 50,000 foundation certifications in 8 years (ISTQB have done 10% of this number);
    - Over 4,000 Practitioner certifications in 4 years;
    - ISEB started the entire Software Testing certification;
    - 40 years exam writing experience;
    - Backed by the British Computer Society;
    - 30-40 accredited training providers across the world offering high class training;
    - ISEB attends the key Software Testing conferences throughout the world to spread the world;
    - ISEB Practitioner/Intermediate exams have been updated and revised and are continuing to perform well.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: ISEB OR ISTQB (Ambience)

Re ambience

Sorry to say it but you're wrong, ISTQB do not broker deals with any big companies. They are not a company for the first thing and so they are not a physical entity, nor do they have sales people. Their training companies may do this, but ISTQB would not. ISTQB are a group of individual boards (ie small companies) around the world that write exams to a syllabus. There is not a quality asurance process to ensure the exams are equivalent in each country.

ISEB has at least 50 people working full time on exams including QA, admin, marketing, sales etc. They have done over 280,000 exams in 8 years, ISTQB at best have done 5-7,000 in software testing only. We do not broker deals, we support our training companies with visits to clients and attending their software testing events.

And what exactly is the 'corporate approach', this is what every good company does - they go after the big fish. Attract a large multinational and you will gain the testers inside rather than approaching individual testers. This is also necessary but is a slower approach.

Re India, ISEB is strong, ISTQB does well only because it is so cheap and I have heard the quality is reflected in the price. In America ASTQB has a few good training companies but ISEB does also. The market is big enough to carry both companies easily so I think you are over stating quite a bit.

For example, when ISTQB quote '60,000 certified testers', most of them are ISEB because the certs a joint branded. I know this as I see the stats for the industry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Where I am in the US, ISEB and ISTQB has no market share in the QA certification, but ASQ does.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    Re ambience
    Sorry to say it but you're wrong, ISTQB do not broker deals with any big companies. They are not a company for the first thing and so they are not a physical entity, nor do they have sales people. Their training companies may do this, but ISTQB would not. ISTQB are a group of individual boards (ie small companies) around the world that write exams to a syllabus.

[/ QUOTE ]

@The Real ISEB

I know that ISTQB is a group of multiple boards...
    Sorry to say but you are wrong in the other part about ISTQB not contacting companies...
    I was called multiple times by the local board on behalf of ISTQB to get them to conduct examinations at my workplace ..they wanted it to conduct it company wide..I know atleast 4 very large companies where ISTQB certifications are held at workplace and have made this certification mandatory to all employees

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast