Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How to get Certification Being a Fresher ?

Hi
    I am new to software Testing and scored Brainbench Certification for Winrunner and Load Runner. I like to do CSTE certification but the prerequisites says its eligible for those who employed,so i'm not eligible for that at present.
    Can any one suggest for some other Vendor Certification in Software Testing which i can go for.

Thanks in Advance!
    Rekka

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to get Certification Being a Fresher ?

Have you actually ever worked as a tester? In Texas as in most of the U.S., experience is what counts, not certifications. You need to get a job! We have a volunteer working in our manual testing department and she is gaining experience. Heck, we don't even charge her for the training
    Personal Comment

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    ~ Winston Churchill ~

...Rich Wagner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Certification is to Certify the levels of skill, experience and knowledge.

To get certification without these is subverting the certification.

You may also find that many experience people do not accept brainbench certifications - they do not have a great reputation.
    Lynne

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work" --Thomas Edison

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Below are the prereqs for CSTE - You don't need any experience, if you have a degree you'll be fine, but I do agree with Lynne and Rich in that you need to get some experience. Obtaining the CSTE will probably get you in the door as an Associate.

To qualify for candidacy, each applicant must meet one of three prerequisites:

A bachelor's degree from an accredited college-level institution,
    An associate degree and two years of experience in the information services field, or
    Six years of experience in the information services field.
    Life should NOT be a trip to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an cool and well preserved body, but rather to skid in, chocolate in one hand, beer in the other, body wrecked, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

If you browse on over to the CSTE site, http://www.softwarecertifications.com/qai_cste.htm#001
    the most important statement on there is:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Do not apply unless you feel confident that your work activities and past experience have prepared you for the examination process.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Personal Comment

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    ~ Winston Churchill ~

...Rich Wagner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for all ur Valuable Suggestion !
    Even i agree with ur words.I'm expecting for the "Work Visa"so in the mean time i thought i can do some vendor certification.As ur suggestions sounds good, let me try for the Voluntary jobs.

Thanks!