Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

UK ISEB Exams - London

I graduated in Software Engineering in July 2003, and I've just completed a contract as software tester.
    Does anyone know how easy it would be to pass the ISEB foundation without attending a course? (I cannot aford it at the moment).
    Ideally I would like to find studying companions to attempt the February session.
    If there is anyone who can advise or is interested in studying together for the qualification, please reply to this post.

Thanks
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: UK ISEB Exams - London

Hi,
    I would say it is achievable with some preparation but there are certain terminology etc that they use - the aim being to standardise them for everyone. This could a sticking point because in my experience different companies use different terminology etc. Then a good overall understanding of testing theory and how to do things in an ideal situation and why, in particular functional testing would be required. I can provide a glossary of terms and a list of the topics covered from my notes if you want.

In my opinion, a lot of the course was common sense if you understand and fully appreciate the importance of formalised testing in controlled environments. Added to that were some useful techniques. After 4 years of mainly functional testing, it merely formalised most of what I already knew.

Tracy