Thread: CSQA vs. CSTE

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

CSQA vs. CSTE

I'm sure this has been discussed before here but I'm bringing it up again. I reading about these two certifications and trying to make distinctions between the two. Why one or the other? Is one more difficult? Are we talking different career paths for folks with these certifications?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: CSQA vs. CSTE

[QUOTE]Originally posted by downey:
    [B]I'm sure this has been discussed before here but I'm bringing it up again. I reading about these two certifications and trying to make distinctions between the two. Why one or the other? Is one more difficult? Are we talking different career paths for folks with these certifications?

CSTE is for what most people consider "testing". These are the people for are checking the code, executing tests to try to DISCOVER bugs. Most testing departments have many "testers". CSQA is for the quality assurance side of testing. They are concerned about PREVENTING bugs. Most testing departments have a small number. The certification you should gain is in the area that you want to work. Both jobs are needed, one is not easier than another.

------------------