Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

ISEB qualifications

Anyone out there found it beneficial to hold the ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing, (UK qualification)?
    The training was certainly very useful, but I'm not sure if the certification carries any weight.

Cheers...
    Ashley Brown

Service Desk Manager | figleaves.com

Follow Figleaves on: Facebook
    Follow Figleaves on: Twitter
    ----------------------------
    The only people that don't make mistakes are the ones that don't do anything

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: ISEB qualifications

I have held the qualification for over 18 months and have seen the number of companies request this grow very slowly. Even now looking through the computer press and on the web, the number of adverts for jobs stating this as a requirement is minimal.

However, I have found that it has helped when we have employed contractors that have the qualification, they can integrate into the team more quickly as we are using the same terminology from day 1.

I think that as more and more testers gain this and other qualifications, employers will see the benefit and place more emphasis upon this as being a must have rather than a nice to have.