Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Talking Some advice on path to learning QA

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to know a few things about two possible options to start learning QA. I'm a graduate with a BSc in Computer Science (major: software development) and currently working on my MS in the same field but Software Quality Assurance somehow struck me as interesting middle ground especially doing automation since it will have some programming involved. I noticed there were a few online options into learning the field...

I saw PortNov computer school and SQE training as the first two options kinda popup with online training. But it seems PortNov gears you towards starting a career immediately after completing their course while the SQE training is geared towards getting you the fundamentals and a certificate.

Issue is most of the jobs I see don't really seem to ask for a ISQTB certificate at least in Florida so I'm wondering if its worth it to learn from PortNov Computer School and gain the knowledge through their extensive training vs a fundamentals course. Oddly, the fundamentals course costs more as well and doesn't cover as much.

Also, if you know any other sites with good online training for QA career changer it would be great if you could suggest it to me.

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    I'd suggest you have a look at the CSQA- Certified Software Quality Analyst Certification. It's by the ISCB..
    Hope this helps